Nagarze County Overview
Nagarze County is located in south-east of Lhoka Tibet Autonomous Region. It is one of the border counties of Tibet autonomous region which has the highest elevation. Nagarze means "white nose tip" in Tibetan language. There are abundant wind, water and solar energy resources in the county.
‣ Basic Information of Nagarze County
- Chinese Name: 浪卡子县
- Elevation:4500 meters
- Location: located in south-east of Lhoka Tibet Autonomous Region
- Opening Time:All Day Long
- Areas: 8109.23 km²
Lhoka Nagarze County belongs to temperate semi arid monsoon climate zone. The annual frost free period of Nagarze County is 60 days and average annual rainfall is 376 mm. It has clear dry and wet season. Cold in winter and hot in summer. Due to the strong sunshine radiation, tourists can bring a good, broad spectrum sunscreen with a high SPF factor and a high SPF lip sunscreen to protect your lips too. Natural disasters include wind, drought, insects, hail, floods, snow, frost and other disasters.
The best time to visit Nagarze County: from June to August
- Yamdrok Yumtso Lake(羊卓雍错湖): Encircled by snow-capped mountains and dotted with small islands, Yamdrok Yumtso Lake is one of the three largest sacred lakes in Tibet, believed to be the transformation of a goddess.
- Karola Glacier(卡若拉冰川):it isn’t a big glacier, but the white glacier is spectacular from the highway. Tourists can appreciate snow peaked mountains contrasted with blue sky and turquoise waters, yaks and Tibetans.
- Pumo Yumtso Lake(普莫雍错湖):at an altitude of 5010 meters, it is located in the north of Yamdrok Yumtso Lake. It is surrounded by lush, endless grasslands and snow hills.
- Ganbala Mountain(甘巴拉山):with 5374 meters above sea level, it is a famous snow mountain in Tibet. Ganbala means "unsurpassable" in Tibetan Language.
- Sangding Temple( 桑丁寺):It is an ancient temple with a history of more than 300 years . It is also the only Temple in Tibet headed by a woman--a female living Buddha.
- Zhare Temple(扎热寺):built in 17th century, there are many cultural relics in this temple and the best known is Mani Stone inscription(玛尼石刻).
•Avoid High Altitude Sickness: because of the high altitudes climatic conditions of Nagarze County, visitors should pay attention to the prevention and cure of the syndromes including headache, dizziness, flustered, shortness of breath, the plateau response, especially people who have chronic respiratory disease or cardiovascular disease. In addition, bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content, like chocolate for fluid loss and energy consumption usually accompany the acclimatization process. Above all, taking a good rest is the most important.
‣ What to Wear: Bring multiple layers of long-sleeved, warm clothing with you so you will be prepared no matter the temperature. The temperature at night is much lower than it is during the day even during the summer, so also be prepared with cold weather gear like a hat, gloves, a scarf and a thick winter coat.
‣Due to Tibetan elevation and strong UV, you had better bring sunglasses, gloves and high-quality sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher with you to avoid any direct exposure to the sun.
‣ Please try you best to respect the local folk customs, especially their religious belief and taboos when you traveling in Tibet.
‣ Don’t touch Tibetan’s head and shoulder without permission