Bayi District Overview
Chinese Name: 巴宜区 English IPA: Ba Yi Qu Location: Located in Nyingchi,Tibet Autonomous Region Population (city): 67,000 Language: Tibetan Language Zip code: Tel code: Time zone:
Bayi District is the lowest field in Qinghai-Tibet Plateau and famed as ‘green treasured place’ because its rich plants. Nyang River and Yarlung Zangbu River meet here. With a average altitude of 3000 meters, Bayi District has a total area of 10238 square kilometers and forest area of 3346 square kilometers.
Highlights of Bayi District
▪ Seche La Mountain: Located to the east of Nyingchi County, the Seche La Mountain is a part of the Nyainqentanglha Mountain Range, the watershed of the Nyang River and the Polung Zangbo River.
▪ Peach Blossom Valley（桃花沟）: The peach blossom dotted with Tibetan residences and towering snowy peak in a distance makes Nyingchi a dreamlike land.
▪ Lulang Forest（鲁朗林海）: Nestled between the mountains and glaciers, it has an elevation of 3700 meters, consisting of vast expanse of plants, villages and variety of vegetation, stretching 15km long and 1km wide like a sea of forest from a distance.
▪ Benri Holy Mountain（苯日神山）: located in the north bank of Yarlung Zangbu river that has a beautiful legend about its trees in special shapes.
▪ Yarlung Zangbu Grand Canyon（雅鲁藏布大峡谷）: The downstream of Yarlung Zangbu River makes a sharp turn aound Namjagbarwa Mountain and flows to the south in Nyingchi, hence the precipitous canyon.
▪ Buchu Monastery（布楚寺） is a temple in an ancient monastery about 28 km south of the modern town of Bayi, which replaces the old village of Drakchi, in Nyingchi County of eastern Tibet.
▪Lamaling Monastery（喇嘛岭寺） also known as Zangdrok Pelri Monastery (桑多白日) and Burqug Lamaling (布久喇嘛林寺), is a Buddhist monastery located near the village of Jianqie (简切村), Burqug Township, Bayi District (former Nyingchi County), in Tibet, on a small hill 1.5 km south of Buchu Monastery.
Other Destinations in Bayi District
Bayi District Attractions
Bayi, a wonderful and brilliant district famous for its attractive natural landscapes and brilliant cultural relics, has dozens of attractions to appeal the visitors including: Seche La Mountain, Peach Blossom Valley, Lulang Forest, Benri Holy Mountain, Yarlung Zangbu Grand Canyon, Buchu Monastery, Lamaling Monastery, etc. Natural Landscapes ▪ Seche La Mountain: Located to the east of Nyingchi County, the Seche La Mountain is a part of the Nyainqentanglha Mountain Range, the watershed of the Nyang River and the Polung Zangbo River. The Sichuan-Tibetan Highway passes by. Standing at the mountain [...]
More Bayi District Attractions >>
Bayi District Tours
Bayi District tours not only allow you to explore the brilliant Tibetan culture & authentic Tibetan customs, but also allow you to appreciate the natural charm of Tibet. We list the following Bayi tour packages that may interest you. Tailor-made tours are flexible and based on your personal preference. Bayi group tours are also available, which covers the popular tourist sites in Tibet. Start your trip to Bayi now. Here we list some attractive highlights in Bayi District for visitors to have a reference, [...]
Climate & When to Go
Under the influence of the monsoon from the Indian Ocean, Bayi District has neither scorching summer nor freezing winter. With ample rainfall, the air is quite humid. The sunshine is long and the frost is short. Climate data for Bayi District Month Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Year Average high °C (°F) 8.3 (46.9) 9.5 (49.1) 13.0 (55.4) 16.4 (61.5) 19.2 (66.6) 21.4 (70.5) 22.1 (71.8) 22.0 (71.6) 20.3 (68.5) 17.3 (63.1) 13.4 (56.1) 9.8 (49.6) 16.1 (60.9) Average low °C (°F) −5 (23) −2.7 (27.1) 0.6 (33.1) 3.4 (38.1) 6.7 (44.1) 10.3 (50.5) 11.5 (52.7) 11.0 (51.8) 9.5 (49.1) 5.3 (41.5) −0.6 (30.9) −4.4 (24.1) 3.8 (38.8) Average precipitation mm (inches) 1.6 (0.063) 4.4 (0.173) 17.0 (0.669) 47.1 (1.854) 74.3 (2.925) 125.2 (4.929) 133.9 [...]
More Bayi District Climate & When to Go >>
Travel to Bayi By Air Nyingchi Mainling Airport Nyingchi Mainling Airport (林芝米林机场 - LZY) is located in the Yarlung Zangbo River Valley – the largest canyon in the world. With an altitude of only 2,949 meters (9,675 feet), Nyingchi Mainling Airport is the lowest airport in Tibet but it is the most challenging airport for flight operation. Directly connected with Chengdu, Chongqing, Lhasa, Guangzhou and Xian, usually Nyingchi is recommended as the earlier destination than any cities in Tibet due [...]
More Bayi District Transportation >>
Festivals and Activities
Peach Blossom Festival When spring approaches, most parts of Tibet are still covered with snow, Nyingchi has already been immerged in a sea of peach flowers. In order to celebrate this grandeur of nature and advocate Tibetan culture, Nyingchi Peach Blossom Festival has been hold by local Tibetans and enthusiastic tourists since 2002. During this grand festival, you can not only enjoy the rosy peach blossoms and exotic pastoral scenery but also explore Tibetan villages, watch horsemanship performance, try some local [...]
More Bayi District Festivals and Activities >>
1. Best Time to Visit Bayi District. Late spring and early summer, autumn are proper to tour Bayi District when much natural splendor only reveals its authentic beauty in good weather. It’s better to watching wild peach flowers in spring and view magnificent Namjagbarwa in Fall. 2. Must Have Permits. Since Nyingchi is adjacent to India and Burma, more obligatory permits including Aliens’ Travel Permits, Militery Permit are required as well as Tibet Entry Permit. 3. High Altitude Precaution. Although Nyingchi is [...]
More Bayi District Travel Tips >>
To give the visitors a better trip in Bayi District, we list some related maps about the county, including Bayi District Maps, Bayi District Tourist Maps, Bayi District City Map, and Bayi District Location Map. [...]
More Bayi District Useful Maps >>
Bayi District Accommodation
Visitors can choose lots of hotels varied from budget one to five star in Bayi. Most of the hotels in Bayi provide high-qualified service. The prices are reasonable and all-inclusive. You can enjoy different style of breakfast, a western breakfast or a Tibetan breakfast. Parking is out of charge and free wifi is equipped. The considerate services would make you relax and comfortable. No matter where you stay in Nyingchi, you won’t miss any attractions of your journey. Bayi Town Bolang Bingchuan Hotel in Nyingchi（林芝八一镇勃勃朗冰川酒店）: Located [...]
More Bayi District Accommodation >>