Qonggyai County Overview
Qonggyai County is in the middle of Brahmaputra River valley and covers an area of 1030 km². It's located in the longitude 91°61′-91°72′, latitude between 29°01′-30°36′. Qonggyai County is called "the ancient capital of Tubo Dynasty ". It was the center of politics, economy and culture in ancient Tibet. For the fertile land and relatively good geographical position, from the ninth king to the fourteenth, they successfully developed economy and built many palaces here.
‣ Basic Information of Qonggyai County
- Chinese Name: 琼结县
- Opening Time:All Day Long
- Areas: 1,030 km²
- Population: 18,807
- Dialing code: (+86) 0893
- Zip code: 856800
Climate in Qonggyai County
Qonggyai County is surrounded by mountains. It has an average elevation of 3900 meters, with a maximum altitude of 6450 meters. It belongs to semi-arid plateau monsoon climate zone, with an annual frost-free period of 125 to 153 days. The annual rainfall is 345 millimeters and natural disasters are mainly droughts, floods, hail and pests.
Attractions in Qonggyai County
• Tombs of Tibetan Kings(藏王墓): the most well-preserved large-scale kings’ tombs. These tombs not only reflect Tibet's burial funeral system, but also has important value to the study of the Tubo Dynasty rise and decline.
• Songtsan Gampo Tombs(松赞干布墓): the tomb is 13 meters in height and 100 meters in length. It is the main grave of the whole tombs with the gate facing the southwest, demonstrating his piety to Sakyamuni.
• Jieluola Snow Mountain(结罗拉雪山): it is 5000 meters above sea level and its majestic beauty attracts so many brave travelers. Tourists can also appreciate Jiacha unique fragrant Rhododendron nivale Hook. f.(雪层杜鹃) and Herba androsacis(点地梅).
• Tangboqie Temple(唐波且寺): built in 1017, it covers an area of 8556 square meters.
• Jianye Temple( 建叶寺): There are many cultural relics in this temple. Tourists can have a religious tour in this temple.
•The Best Travel Time: from June to August
•Avoid High Altitude Sickness: because of the high altitudes climatic conditions of Qonggyai County, visitors should pay attention to the prevention and cure of the syndromes including headache, dizziness, flustered, shortness of breath, the plateau response, especially people who have chronic respiratory disease or cardiovascular disease. In addition, bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content, like chocolate for fluid loss and energy consumption usually accompany the acclimatization process. Above all, taking a good rest is the most important.
‣Due to Tibetan elevation and strong UV, you had better bring sunglasses, gloves and high-quality sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher with you to avoid any direct exposure to the sun.
‣ Please try you best to respect the local folk customs, especially their religious belief and taboos when you traveling in Tibet.
‣ Don’t touch Tibetan’s head and shoulder without permission