Qusum County Overview
Qusum County belongs to Lhoka City, Tibet Autonomous Region, located in the longitude 92 ° 7'-92 ° 12', latitude between 29 ° 18'-29 ° 42'. Lies at the north side of the Himalayas,the southern bank of the Brahmaputra River. Sangri County to the north, Longzi County to the south. Qusum, means "three rivers" in Tibetan language. Yinsebu River, Jiang Zhahe, Kombe River runs through the county, thus the three rivers are named as "Qusum".
‣ Basic Information of Qusum County
- Chinese Name:曲松县
- Elevation:4200 meters
- Location:at the north side of the Himalayas, the southern bank of the Brahmaputra River.
- Coordinates:29 ° 18'-29 ° 42'N / 92 ° 7'-92 ° 12' E
- Opening Time:All Day Long
‣ Best Time to Visit Qusum County
It is recommended to get to Qusum County during April to July and September to October. Every October to next April, the cold weather make it tough to have a trip. And every July to August is the rainy season of Qusum County resulting in the bad condition and heavy fog.
‣ Attractions of Qusum County
• Lajiali Palace(拉加里王宫): is located in the South of Qusum County. Lajiali Palace was founded in thirteenth Century and was a symbol of the Ancient Tibetan Royal crown.
• Yuru Temple(玉如寺): tourists can appreciate the beautiful scenery and original religious custom in this temple. There has spring water behind this temple. According to legend, bathing with this water can refresh the mind and eliminate fatigue.
• Langzhen Temple(朗真寺): covers an area of 1500 square meters, it built in fourteenth Century. This temple collected numerous cultural relics.
• Qusum Cypress(曲松古柏): there are ten Cypress trees which has at least 1000 years history.
• Qusum Ancient Tomb(曲松古墓): it is two kilometers away from north of Qusum County. According to textual research, its size and structure are similar to Tomb of Early Tibetan Qiongjie King
• Sewu Hot Spring(色吾温泉): it contains a variety of minerals which are beneficial to the human body.
•Avoid High Altitude Sickness: because of the high altitudes climatic conditions of Qusum County, visitors should pay attention to the prevention and cure of the syndromes including headache, dizziness, flustered, shortness of breath, the plateau response, especially people who have chronic respiratory disease or cardiovascular disease. In addition, bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content, like chocolate for fluid loss and energy consumption usually accompany the acclimatization process. Above all, taking a good rest is the most important.
‣ What to Wear
Bring multiple layers of long-sleeved, warm clothing with you so you will be prepared no matter the temperature. The temperature at night is much lower than it is during the day even during the summer, so also be prepared with cold weather gear like a hat, gloves, a scarf and a thick winter coat.
‣Due to Tibetan elevation and strong UV, you had better bring sunglasses, gloves and high-quality sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher with you to avoid any direct exposure to the sun.