Lumajangdong Tso Lake in Rutog County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 鲁玛江冬错
English Name: Lumajangdong Tso Lake in Rutog County, Ngari
Location: Located in Rutog County, Ngari, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Lumajangdong Tso Lake
Lumajangdong Co or Lumajiang Dongcuo is a lake in the Ngari Prefecture, Tibet, China with an area of 250 km².It is located at 34° 2′ 0″ and 81° 40′ 0″. Gormain lies a few miles (5–7 km) to the northwest. It is a plateau lake in Tibet Autonomous Region, which is located in Qiangtang National Reserve with an altitude of more than 4,800 meters and an area of 306 square kilometers. Lumajangdong Tso Lake is salt water lake surrounded by natural pasture.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Rutog County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 day
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.