Nanyigou Valley in Nyingchi
Chinese Name: 南伊沟
English Name: Nanyigou Valley in Mainling County, Nyingchi
Location: Located in Mainling County, Nyingchi, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Nanyigou Valley
Located in the south of Mainling County, it is located, in the northern foothills of the Himalaya Mountains, 20 kilometers away from the county and more than 40 kilometers deep.It is known as “The Valley of Tibetan Medicine King”, which is said to be the origin of the mysterious Tibetan medicine culture. Nanyigou Valley is good at ecological protection in good condition, humid climate, and it is very rich in animal and plant resources with an average elevation of 2,500 meters.
Nanyigou Valley with a total area of 820 hectares, climate condition is good with the annual average temperature of 8.2 ℃ and annual rainfall of 675 mm or so. The forest has a strange shape of various kinds of trees, more than 720 kinds of seed plants.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Mainling County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 Day
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.