Saijuba Monastery in Saga County, Shigatse
Chinese Name: 赛菊巴寺
English Name: Saijuba Monastery in Saga County, Shigatse
Location: Located in the Saga County, Shigatse, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Saijuba Monastery
Located in the east part of Saga County, Shigatse, Tibet Autonomous Region, Saijuba Monastery is located in the foothill of Dari Mountain, surrounded on three sides by mountains while faceing southwest from 800 meters of village. It was founded in the middle of the 15th century which covers an area of 12,000 square meters. Saijuba Monastery is mainly composed of the hall, GanDan, SengShe and etc.
Saga County Transportation
You can choose either self-driving traveling or take public transportation. According to your beginning place, there may be different ways to go to Saga County. There are two main lines available below.
- Lhasa- Shigatse- Saga County
You can reach Lhasa by air or train. Then take a bus to Saga County.
- Shigatse- Saga County
You can also take a specific train to Shigatse and take a bus to Saga County.
Attraction Travel Tips:
- Traveling Hours: 1.5 – 2 hours
- Traveling Seasons: All seasons
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content.
- Pay attention to prepare some cold weather gear like a hat, gloves, a scarf and a thick winter coat.
- The Border Permit is required to enter the mountain; as it is less convenient to apply for one in Tibet, it is suggested to obtain the permit ahead of the travelling.
- Pay attention to respect the Tibetan local customs in the monastery.