Qunguo Monastery in Dinggyê County, Shigatse
Chinese Name: 群果寺
English Name: Qunguo Monastery in Dinggyê County, Shigatse
Location: Located in the Dinggyê County, Shigatse, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Qunguo Monastery
Qunguo Monastery was built in 1560 with a profound history of nearly 500 years and a building area of 1600 square meters. Located in the county seat of Dinggyê County, 38 kilometers away from the county town, Qunguo Monastery has the Buddha in it which is the largest statue of Buddha figures in our countyn with nearly three meters high. In the size of the Qunguo Monastery, the blackened walls are covered with ancient murals, which allow you to feel the unique cultural atmosphere of Tibetan Buddhism.
Dinggyê County Transportation
You can choose either self-driving traveling or take public transportation. According to your beginning place, there may be different ways to go to Dinggyê County. There are two main lines available below.
- Lhasa- Shigatse- Dinggyê County
You can reach Lhasa by air or train. Then take a bus to Dinggyê County.
- Shigatse- Dinggyê County
You can also take a specific train to Shigatse and take a bus to Dinggyê County.
Attraction Travel Tips:
- Traveling Hours: 1.5 – 2 hours
- Traveling Seasons: All seasons
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content.
- Pay attention to prepare some cold weather gear like a hat, gloves, a scarf and a thick winter coat.
- The Border Permit is required to enter the mountain; as it is less convenient to apply for one in Tibet, it is suggested to obtain the permit ahead of the travelling.
- Pay attention to respect the Tibetan local customs in the monastery.