The Relics of Mailonggou Valley in Zanda County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 麦龙沟遗址
English Name: The Relics of Mailonggou Valley in Zanda County, Ngari
Location: Located in Zanda County, Ngari Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About The Relics of Mailonggou Valley
Starting from Zanda County（札达县）, Ngari Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region, along a simple highway, hovered in the forest; after a dry ditch, across a wasteland, dozens of earthen ruins and stupa walls appear. This is the Relics of Mailonggou Valley（麦龙沟遗址）. It is said that the site had been weathered away before somebody figured out the history of it. Now there just the traces of the wall and a few pagodas left after the erosion of the wind, the sun and the rain.
Some people regard Zanda County as “the place surrounded by the earth forest”, which is exactly true. From the county to Daba Frontier Defensive Company（达巴边防连）, visitors can view such earth forest all along. It forms a set of manifold scene, which is no less to the grand momentum of the Guge Kingdom（古格王国）.
There visitors can see Daba Frontier Defensive Company and Daba Township, which is more than 4100 meters above sea level. Wiith the shiny bright light of the Himalayas reflected by the earth forest, Bada Township Government looks more attractive.
- Travel to Zanda County, visitors would better start from Shiquan River taking a taxi for about CNY 2000 about 12 hours for convenience, but it’s too expensive.
- The Shiquan River has a shuttle bus to Zanda, which is normally start at noon every day, but less likely to cancel, the ticket price is 220 ~ 260 Yuan, which can be negotiated.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: one day
- Traveling Seasons: July to September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- If you choose to travel by car, please pay attention to the road condition and drive carefully.