14 Days Tibet and Chengdu Panda Tour: Beijing-Xian-Tibet-Chengdu
This 14-day Tibet, Chengdu,Beijing, and Xi’an tour includes the adventure to Mt.Everest in Tibet, If to see the highest mountain in the world is one of your life goals,...
Code of Tour: YCT0000003551
Length of Travel: 14 Day
Destinations of Tour: Beijing/Xian/Lhasa/Shigatse/Mount Everest/Chengdu
Departure City: Beijing
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour:
This 14-day Tibet, Chengdu,Beijing, and Xi’an tour includes the adventure to Mt.Everest in Tibet, If to see the highest mountain in the world is one of your life goals, then do not miss the opportunity to make Mt. Everest in Tibet into your China Tour Plan. It is so easy that you can fly to Lhasa from Xian to start the adventure to the mountain. Of course the tour includes traditional China popular tourist cities — Beijing, Xian, Chengdu.
- Experience high speed train in China, feel profound history and modernization development of China.
- Have a wonderful stay in the flourishing and historical cities in China, including Shanghai, Bejing, Xi’an.
- Thousand years of history meet the vibrant pace of modern life in China.
- Travel to the most classic destinations in China and experience the spectrum of culture, religion, and giant pandas unparalleled anywhere in the world.
- History waits around each corner in Beijing and Xian, Tibetan Buddhism calls for every pilgrim from different places, lovely giant pandas are friendly to stay with, Shanghai’s west-meets-east can be found along Huangpu River.
- Explore authentic Tibetan culture and history by visiting the grand palaces, temples, streets in the holy city Lhasa, such as Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Sera Monastery Buddhism Debating, etc.
- Day 1: Beijing Arrival
- Day 2: Beijing
- Day 3: Beijing-Xi’an
- Day 4: Xi’an
- Day 5: Xi’an-Lhasa
- Day 6: Lhasa
- Day 7: Lhasa
- Day 8: Lhasa to Shigatse
- Day 9: Shigatse (3900m) to Everest (5200m) via Tingri
- Day 10: EBC (5200m) and return to Shigatse (3900m)
- Day 11: Shigatse (3900m) to Lhasa
- Day 12: Fly to Chengdu
- Day 13: Chengdu-Leshan-Chengdu
- Day 14: Depart from Chengdu
Day 1 Beijing Arrival
Sightseeing and Activities:Beijing Arrival
When international flight lands in Beijing, Please take a taxi by yourself to our reserved hotel. The rest of the day free for you to be on your own.
Overnight in Beijing.
Day 2 Beijing
Sightseeing and Activities:Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace
Today is guided tour to Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace which are the traditional must-see places in Beijing. These attractions presentto the visitors an image of how the ancient Chinese emperors manage the country, what their family life is, how they spent leisure time, how they sacrifice gods.
Overnight in Beijing
Day 3 Beijing-Xian
Sightseeing and Activities:Mutianyu Great Wall
The Great Wall tour proves that China was one of the strongest country in its history. Stretching thousands of kilometers, the Great Wall protected the ancient Chinese against the invasion of the enemy from its north side for more than 1000 years, the Great Wall was listed as one of the world’s eight wonders. Mutianyu Great Wall, featured “graceful”, enjoy the best quality among all Wall sections, 80km north-east of Beijing with 22 ancient watchtowers, about one every kilometer. (Cable car is optional if you do not want to walk)
After the tour, you will be drop off at the train station to board the overnight sleeper train to Xi’an, the reference train number is Z19, which departs from Beijing at 20:40, arrive in Xian at next 08:31 (the Sequence of Day2 & Day3 might be exchanged according to the arrangement of travel agency)
Overnight on the train.
Day 4 Xian
Sightseeing and Activities:Terra-Cotta Warriors, Emperor Qinshihuang Mausoleum, Banpo Neolithic Village
The tour guide will pick you up from Xian railway station The day tour in Xian is impressive too. The Emperor’s Terracotta Army is also one of the eight wonders in the world. These terracotta warriors and horses are the size of a real army, and were buried alongside the Emperor in a vast underground palace.The archeological site of Banpo Village, built more than 6,000 year ago, and you will see how the resident matriarchic tribe used to survive in the Neolithic age. Short visit at the Terra-Cotta Replication Factory on the way back to downtown.
Overnight in Xian.
Day 5 Fly to Lhasa from Xian
Sightseeing and Activities:Fly to Lhasa from Xian
Please take a taxi by yourself to from hotel to Xian airport to board the flight to Lhasa, when check-in and pass by the security, you need show the original Tibet Travel Permit to the airport.
Flying from Xian to Lhasa, you will fly from China’s low-altitude inland into the high-altitude Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, you can watch the plains, canyons, forests, glaciers evolved into the snow-capped mountains from the aircraft. Tour guide will pick you up at Lhasa Gonggar airport and you will be transferred to hotel in Lhasa by Tibet Vista shuttle bus.
Overnight in Lhasa.
Day 6 Lhasa
Sightseeing and Activities:Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street
The tour will begin from UNESCO World Heritage site – Potala Palace, which is also the winter palace of Dalai Lama. It’s situated at 12,139 feet above sea level. It’s a 13-story high building that contains over 1,000 rooms, various statues, stupas, murals and artifacts. Then continue to Jokhang Temple, another UNESCO World Heritage site. It’s a spiritual center for Buddhists in Tibet. Next to the temple there is Barkhor Street, filled with pilgrims and street vendors, selling traditional Tibetan items such as prayer wheels and jewelry.
Overnight in Lhasa
Day 7 Lhasa
Sightseeing and Activities:Drepung monastery, Sera Monastery
In the morning, tourists are going to visit Drepung Monastery which was one of the “three greet” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1416. Ganden palace is used as Dalai Lama’s palace in the Drepung before moving to the Potala palace. In the afternoon, Sera Monastery—It was one of the “three great” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1419. The highlight is the Monks debate at around 3 – 5 in the afternoon.
Overnight in Lhasa.
Day 8 Lhasa (3650m) to Shigatse (3900m) via Gyantse
Sightseeing and Activities:Yamdrok-tso Lake, Pelkor Monastery, Gyantse Kumbum, Tashilhunpo Monastery
In the morning, drive from Lhasa to Shigatse .On the way, drive over the Gampala pass (4790 m), and tourists will have a glimpse of Yamdrok-tso (4400m). The Lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountains and in the distance clients can have spectacular views of Holy Mount NyenchenKhangsar, (7191m) the highest mountain near Lhasa .Gyantse was historically Tibet’s third largest city (after Lhasa and Shigatse).In Gyantse, tourists will visit the famous Pelkor Monastery and Gyantse Kumbum. After one and a half driving, we arrive in Shigatse, which is the second largest city in Tibet. In Shigatse, tourists will visit Tashilhunpo Monastery, the seat of Tibet’s second highest incarnation, the Panchen Lama.
Overnight in Shigatse.
Day 9 Shigatse (3900m) to Everest (5200m) via Tingri
Sightseeing and Activities:Mt. Everest, Rongbuk monastery
Drive to Lhatse, it is a small town where tourists can have lunch. Then, head to Shegar and if the weather is clear enough then on the way down to Shegar tourists will view the Mt. Everest in the distance. After 4 to 6 hours’ drive, tourists will arrive at Rongbuk monastery but on the way, they will pass one of the highest Passes in Tibet (pang la pass height 5050m) from that’s pass they will view the whole five highest peaks in the world.
Overnight in Rongpuk Tent Guest house
Day 10 EBC (5200m) and return to Shigatse (3900m)
Sightseeing and Activities: sunrise of Everest Peak, Rongbu Monastery, Everest Base Camp
In the morning, you can see the sunrise of Everest Peak if weather permits at the lodging area. Then we will visit the Rongbu Monastery – the unique highest monastery with nuns and monks living together. You can visit the Everest Base Camp and take the close-up shot of Mt. Everest. Finally, we will drive back to Shigatse.
Overnight in Shigatse.
Day 11 Shigatse (3900m) to Lhasa (3650m) 350km
Sightseeing and Activities:Yalong Valley
Today, we will drive back to Lhasa by following Yalong Valley. You can stand on the viewing platform and view the vast Yalong River bed. Finally, the guide will transfer you back to your hotels in Lhasa.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 12 Fly to Chengdu
Sightseeing and Activities:Chunxi Road, Jinle Street or Kuanzhai Alley
You will fly to Chengdu after tour in Lhasa. The tour guide will escort you to Lhasa airport and see you off. There is only 2 hours flying from Lhasa to Chengdu, Tour package does not include transfer from Chengdu airport to reserved hotel in downtown, please take taxi in the airport on your own.
Overnight in Chengdu.
Day 13 Chengdu-Leshan-Chengdu
Sightseeing and Activities:Panda Base, Leshan Giant Budda, Lingyun Temple, Tianfu Square
In the morning, the guide will pick you up to visit Chengdu Panda Research Center. Morning is pandas’ feeding time, you will visit both adult and baby pandashouses and watch them eating fresh bamboo. In the afternoon, drive about 2 hours to Leshan, where you can visit biggest sitting Buddha sculpture in the Lingyun Temple. The grand Buddha was completed in 803 of Tang Dynasty after 90 year’s construction and enjoys the fame of the biggest sitting stone sculpture in the world, about 71- meter in height. Either watching the Buddha by hiking or by cruise. After the tour, drive back to Chengdu, end the tour at Tianfu Square. Please take taxi to your reserved Hotel
Overnight in Chengdu.
Day 14 Depart from Chengdu
Sightseeing and Activities:Depart from Chengdu
End the tour, please arrange taxi from your hotel to Chengdu airport.
|Regent Hotel Beijing
|Beijing International Hotel
|Redwall Hotel Beijing
|Sofitel Xian on Renmin Square
|Grand New World Hotel
|Mercure on Renmin Square
|Lhasa Yak Hotel
|Lhasa Xiongbala Hotel
|Shigatse Manasarovar Hotel
|Tianfu Sunshine Hotel
|Garden City Hotel-Chengdu
|5 Star ($)
|4 Star ($)
|3 Star ($)
All Tours in Beijing, Xian, Chengdu and Lhasa to Everest Base Camp
Pick up from hotel before the tour
Drop off to hotel after the tour finish
All Entrance Fees of tourist attractions listed in the itinerary
One Dinner included in Lhasa
Local English Speaking Tour guide
AC comfortable tourist Vehicle
Train Tickets in China
Beijing to Xian Overnight Train ticket, Sleeper berth
(All domestic train will be included and booked by us in advance.)
All Hotels in the tour are included. We choose best value 3 star hotels with good location for you. All hotels include breakfast.
Accommodation at EBC is local tent guesthouse with poor condition.
Tibet Travel Permit, Alien’s Travel Permit.
Airport pick up and drop off service in Lhasa
Domestic Flight Tickets
Flight ticket Xian to Lhasa, approx. 200-260 USD/person
Flight ticket Lhasa to Chengdu, approx. 200-260 USD/person
(We do not quote the price because the flight tickets changes time to time, and it is easy to book it by yourself in internet. Sometimes, if you book international air tickets along with domestic air. you can get cheaper price)
Price does not include airport/train station pick up or drop off in Beijing, Xian and Chengdu, it is easy to arrange a taxi by yourself with minimum cost.
Some meals are not included, check the meals plan
Some options might to be recommended to guests like Kongfu Show in Beijing, those option are chosen by your wish and pay on sites.
Additional single supplement for requiring single room for yourself
Gratuities to tour guide and driver
Other personal expenses
1. What Are the Features of Our Group Tours Our Group Tours are budget tour packages with great service which have covered the most popular destinations in Tibet with reasonable trip lengths. Joining in our group tours, you will choose your travel dates from our fixed departures and travel in a small group with maximum members of 12 people. 2. Tibet Permits There are several permits required to visit Tibet. Tibet Entry Permit, issued by Tibet Tourism Bureau, is the most important one which has to be obtained before your trip because you must have it to take your flight/train to Tibet. To get the permit, you have to book a Tibet tour with us, and send us your passport and Chinese visa about 20 days in advance, and then let us apply for the permit (all Tibet permits can only be applied by travel agency). If you travel to other prefectures like Shigatse, Nyingchi, Shannan, etc, you also have to obtain an Alien Travel Permit. If you travel to Mount Everest, you have to obtain a Border Permit. (Tibet Discovery, with office in Lhasa, has always kept up with the latest news on Tibet Permits. Traveling with us, all your permits are guaranteed as long as you are qualified to the requirements.) 3. Available Months to Visit Tibet Generally speaking, May to early October is the best time to for a Mount Kailash trip. July and August are the peak season and rainy season. It may be too cold to travel in Kailash area from November to March. There is usually heavy snow. The conditions in Namtso Lake and Mount Everest area are quite similar with Kailash. While other places like Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse are suitable for travel all year around. 4. High Altitude Sickness The average altitude of Tibet is about 4000 meters above the sea level (Lhasa: 3700m; EBC: 5200m; Namtso: 4718m). You may suffer a bit from High Altitude Sickness in the beginning days of your Tibet trip if you haven’t had rich high plateau travel experience. But don’t worry too much, the high altitude can be acclimatized usually in 2~3 days. Our suggestion is to take a physical examination and get suggestions from your doctor, and also bring some medicines to prevent from High Altitude Sickness before your trip. While in Tibet, you should keep warm all the time, avoid strenuous activities, drink more water and eat more vegetables and carbohydrates. You’d better not take showers during the first two days after your arrival at Tibet. If you don’t feel well, get help from your tour guide or go to the hospital without any delay. 5. How to Go to Tibet Basically you have two option: flight and train. Currently, you can take a flight to Lhasa from Beijing(4.5hrs), Xian(3.7hrs), Chengdu(2.5hrs), Chongqing(3hrs), Kuming(3hrs), etc. Among all these cities, Chengdu and Xian have more frequent flights to Lhasa. Kathmandu also has several flights to Lhasa each week. If you a train travel, you can take a train to from Beijing(40.5hrs), Xian(32hrs), Chengdu(43hrs), Shanghai(47hrs), Chongqing(42hrs), Lanzhou(25hrs), Xining(22hrs), Guangzhou(54hrs). 6. Packing and Wearing Ideas Firstly you can’t forget your passport and Chinese Visa. A large backpack and a smaller one are recommended (the smaller one can be used for daily activities). Also bring the necessary medicine you need. Other stuffs like sunglasses, snow glasses, hats, lip balm, sun block are recommended. As for wearing, you are suggested to dress in layers (both thin and thick jackets). Down jacket is necessary in Spring and Autumn. A pair of durable and comfortable shoes is necessary.