Yala Mountain in Sog County, Nagqu
Chinese Name: 亚拉山
English Name: Yala Mountain
Location: Located in the north of Yala Town, Sog County
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Yala Mountain in Sog County, Nagqu
Yala Mountain is located in the north of Yala Town, Sog County. In ancient times, Yala mountain was an important dividing line for the three districts of Qing(青), Zang(藏) and kang(康). The mountains from the west to the southeast. In the south of Yala Mountain is Nanqu River(南曲河) and the north is Suoqu River(索曲河). There are many specific peaks in the rolling mountain. The highest peak looks like five fingers pierce the clouds, so people named it Wufou(五佛). The main peak called Yasewo(亚色沃) is flag mountain and the top is white rocks. In the southeast of foothill, there has a export of Maimo cave named Kuruchang(库如昌). There are two independent rock pillars near it which are said to be king gesar and his princess Zhu Mu.
Visitors can take long-distance bus or choose self-driving from Yala Town, Sog County. Please pay attention to weather conditions. In the rainy season (July & August), cars often get struck in the mud and delays happen frequently.
- Traveling Hours: 2 or 3 hours
- Traveling Seasons: March to October
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content
- Bring a good, broad spectrum sunscreen with a high SPF factor and a high SPF lip sunscreen to protect your lips too.
- Please stay in a safe situation when you try to enjoy the spectacular scene.