Bitu Scenic Area in Zogang County, Chamdo
Chinese Name: 碧土景区
English Name: Bitu Scenic Area in Zogang County, Chamdo
Location: Located in Zogang County, Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Bitu Scenic Area
Yuqu River（玉曲河）travels a long journey and final flows into Nujiang River afte three 180 degrees’ turning to form a really beautiful area which is called Bitu Scenic Area in Zogang County（左贡县）, Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region. Here, the mountains are high and deep, and the water in the corner is flows really fast, and the width of the river is 20 to 80 meters. Sometimes it flies straight down and sometimes it looks a clean mirror. On both sides of the river, there are many cliffs, ancient trees, mountains, green grass, flowers, birds chirp, and apes, which is really attractive. It is a great place for the drifting expedition and sightseeing. In terms of the humanities appreciation, the scenery here has many characteristics. There are attractions including Bitu Monastery（碧土寺）, the ruins of Meili Snow Mountain（梅里雪山）, the caves and rock paintings and the cultural attractions such as the folk customs, folk songs and dances, and food and drink.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Zogang by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. And you can transfer from Qamdo to Zogang County. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: half a day
- Traveling Seasons: March to October.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along one or two pieces of thermal clothing.
- Please try you best to respect the local folk customs, especially their religious belief and taboos when you traveling in Tibet.
- Owing to the long distance and circuitous route, it is better to head for the attraction in the early morning.