Yuqu River in Zogang County, Chamdo
Chinese Name: 玉曲河
English Name: Yuqu River in Zogang County, Chamdo
Location: Located in Zogang County, Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Yuqu River
Yuqu River（玉曲河）is the first order affluent on the left bank of Nujiang River（怒江）, which originated in the southern foothill of Wahe Mountain（瓦合山）, Zogang County（左贡县）, Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region. It flows through Lhorong County）（洛隆县）, Zhagyab County（察雅县）, Baxoi CCounty（八宿县）, Zogang County of Chamdo Prefecture, and Zayu County（察隅县）of Nyingchi Prefecture. It runs into Nujiang River in Muba Village（目巴村）, Walong Township（瓦龙乡）of Zayu County. The basin area is 9379 square kilometers, the total length of the main stream is 444.3m, the natural difference of the river is 3122m, and the average flow rate of the estuary is 114 cubic meters per second.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Zogang by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. And you can transfer from Qamdo to Zogang County. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: half a day
- Traveling Seasons: March to October.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along one or two pieces of thermal clothing.
- Please try you best to respect the local folk customs, especially their religious belief and taboos when you traveling in Tibet.
- Owing to the long distance and circuitous route, it is better to head for the attraction in the early morning.