Dabarongqu in Zhongba County, Shigatse
Chinese Name: 达巴绒曲
English Name: Dabarongqu in Zhongba County, Shigatse
Location: Located in Zhongba County, Shigatse, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
Located in the east of Zhongba County, Tibet Autonomous Region and also known as “Dawarongqu”, Dabarongqu means “Mudflat grain river” that there are good natural pastures in the basin with yaks and sheep.
Tourist Services of Dabarongqu
Cuisine and Snack: In Zhongba County, there are many delicacy snacks.
Accommodation: After you enjoy the gorgeous scenery of Dabarongqu, you may accommodate in the hotels if you can’t get back to Zhongba County in time.
Shopping: Zhongba was rich in natural forest resources, including economic plants and medicinal plants. As for the economic plants, there are many wild plantain and bananas
Zhongba County Transportation
You can choose either self-driving traveling or take public transportation. According to your beginning place, there may be different ways to go to Zhongba County. There are two main lines available below.
- Lhasa- Shigatse- Zhongba County
You can reach Lhasa by air or train. Then take a bus to Zhongba County.
- Shigatse- Zhongba County
You can also take a specific train to Shigatse and take a bus to Zhongba County.
Attraction Travel Tips:
- Traveling Hours: 1 day
- Traveling Seasons: June to September
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content.
- Pay attention to prepare some cold weather gear like a hat, gloves, a scarf and a thick winter coat.
- The Border Permit is required to enter the mountain; as it is less convenient to apply for one in Tibet, it is suggested to obtain the permit ahead of the travelling.