Bainang County Overview
In Chinese: 白朗县
In Pinyin: Bái Lǎng Xiàn
Administrative Division Code : 542329
Post Code : 857300
Phone Area Code :0892
The Prefix of Motor Vehicle License Plate : 藏D
The Prefix of Citizen Identity Card Number: 542329
Area Coverage: 2500 square kilometers;
Population : 50,000 persons (by the end of 2010);
Seat of Government: Norbukyungze Town
Bainang County is a county of Xigazê in the Tibet Autonomous Region. There is a 38 KM long river, Nianchu River(年楚河), with the high flow season June - September and normal season October - May in a year.
Attractions of Bainang County
· Jiangzizongshan Anti-British Site(江孜宗山抗英遗址): the British Army invaded Tibet in Qing Dynasty(AD 1904), the famous Jiangzi defending war happened here, so Jiangzi was called a “Heroic County”.
· Jiangzi Dharmaraja Palace Site(江孜法王宫堡遗址): Bainang County is the place where Jiangzi Dharmaraja Palace located, but now just remaining the palace relics.
· Bullfighting Festival: Tibet Xigaze City Bailang County to the countryside to hold the bullfighting festival. At an altitude of more than 4500 meters on the male grassland, 23 species of yak silk hanging silk satin, to single out of the way to match, the final winner of this year on this grassland “Yak Supreme”.
· Sheep Show(sheep counting): Sheep show, or sheep counting, is a traditional activity in Bainang County during which herdsmen showcase their sheep.
· Gadong Temple: Gadong Country, Bainang County 857300, China, opening hours : 08:00 - 19:00.
There are various special local products in Shigatse Bainang County, such as Zanba(糌粑), Tibetan shoes, Tibetan costomes, aprons, neckchieves, tapestries, wraps and other Tibetan traditional costomes and living goods. But please remember, bargaining with the vendors is always necessary. It is recommended that you walk clockwise around then to see the vendors. One more tip, you'd better go shopping on this street in the morning or evening for Tibetan people value their first or last cuntomer highly.
Zanba, roasted qingke barley flour. It is main daily food to locals of Bainang County area in the history.
Tibetan shoes sole are made from cattlehide, and the upper of the shoe is made from all kinds of leathers, Tibet wool(氆氇), and golden raw silk(金丝缎). Tibetan shoes can be divided into 3 types, Songba shoes(松巴鞋), Galuo shoes(嘎洛鞋) and Duozha shoes(多札鞋)
Qiazhu Weaving Factory which produces Tibetan costomes, aprons, neckchieves, tapestries, wraps and other Tibetan traditional costomes and living goods.
Provincial road 204 is running through the whole county, connecting with Shigatse City, apart from this, Shigatse Station of Lhasa–Shigatse Railway is just next to Bainang County.