Dongda Mountain in Zogang County, Chamdo
English Name: Dongda Mountain in Zogang County, Chamdo
Location: Located in Zogang County, Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Dongda Mountain
Dongda Mountain（东达山）, located in Zogang County, Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region, is the second highest pass in the south of Sichuan-Tibet Highway which has an elevation of 5,130 meters and is also known as the “restricted area of life”. Covering with snow all year round, Dongda Mountain is a sacred place for mountaineers. One side of the mountain is the impetuous Lancang River（澜沧江）, and the other side of the mountain is Zugang County. In Dongda Mountain, the temperature can reach below zero degrees Celsius. But it can be 20 ℃ or so in Lancang River and the Nujiang River（怒江）areas. The elevation experiences here can be nearly 2,500 meters in one day. Dongda Mountain is lawn green and attractive in summer with yak group and extremely beautiful scenery.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Zogang by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. And you can transfer from Qamdo to Zogang County. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
There is shuttle bus driving from Chamdo to Lancang River Valley（澜沧江峡谷）. But there is no regular bus from Markam County（芒康县）to Lancang River Valley, so visitors can only rent a car.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: several days
- Traveling Seasons: March to October.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Owing to the long distance and circuitous route, it is better to head for the attraction in the early morning.
- Accommodation: There are accommodation, guest houses and resorts on the Banks of the Lancang Gorge, with a price of 140-280 Yuan per room.