Mila Mountain Pass in Gongbogyamda County, Nyingchi
Chinese Name: 米拉（芒雄拉）山
English Name: Mila Mountain Pass
Location: Located in Gongbogyamda County(工布江达县), Nyingchi Prefecture(林芝市), Tibet Autonomous Region, China
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All day
About Mila Mountain Pass
Mila Mountain Pass means “Gold mountain” in Tibetan language, “La” means Pass, it also has been translated “Red Valley Mountain”. Mila Mountain Pass is the boundary of Lhasa and Nyingchi , elevation is 5020 meters.
Main Attractions- Mila Mountain Pass
Because of its tall and magnificent, Mila Mountain Pass has become the god of mountain in this Tibetan community. There is a spectacular wind and horse flag on the mouth of the mountain. At the mouth of the mountain, there stands a statue of sacrificial oxford stone in Tibet marked “Snow Boat”. The base of the stone carving is especially marked with a line of red characters, “Aid for Construction in Quanzhou, Fujian Province.”
1. Rental Car– You can rent a car in Bayi Town or Lhasa. If you drive from Bayi Town, it’s about 120 km. If you drive from Lhasa City, it’s about 360 km.
2. Trek– If you get off at Bayi Bridge, you can trek all the way to Draksum-tso. It’s about 8-hour walk.
Attraction Travel Tips
1. Traveling Hours: 2~3 hours
2. Traveling Seasons: All year
3. High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water and some thick clothes, eating more fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins and so on.
4. Pay attention to respect the local customers.