Nang County Overview
Chinese Name: 朗县 English IPA: Lang Xian Location: located in the southwest of Nyingchi Prefecture, Tibetan Autonomous Region Population (city): 15,037 Language: Tibetan Language Zip code: Tel code: Time zone:
Nang County, located in the southwest of Nyingchi Prefecture, Tibetan Autonomous Region, is about 4,106 square kilometers with 15037 permanent residents where Tibetan is the mainly ethnic group in the county. There are also other ethnic groups such as Han, Menba（门巴人）, Mongolians and Dengren（僜人）, etc.
Highlights of Nang County
Cultural Relics in Nang County
▪ Parchode Monastery(巴尔曲德寺) : Located in Dolpa Village of Nang Town, Nang County of Nyingchi, Parchode Monastery is 18 kilometers away from Nang County. Being on an elephant-trunk-like mountain on the north bank of the Yarlung Zangbo River, it is in the vicinity of Chongkang Manor, the birthplace of the 13th Dalai Lama. It is the largest temple in Nyingchi. The original platform where the temple lied was reminiscent of a stack of printing plates, so it was called “Parchode Monastery” (refers to “a stack of printing plates”). It is also understood as “white pagoda on terrace”.
▪ Lieshan Ancient Tomb Complex（列山古墓群）is located at the side of Linqiong Road（林邛公路）, Jindong Township（金东乡）, Nang County with an altitude of 3,200 meters. The complex is very magnificent with the peculiar building structure.
▪ Zili Monastery（孜立寺）is situated in Dengmu Township（登木乡） which is in the southwest of Nang County, Nyingchi Prefecture. The monastery which belongs to Nyingma sect was built in 1677 with the early name of Zilisanga Pozhang（孜立桑阿颇章）.
▪ Chongkang Manor（冲康庄园）is located in Chongkang Village（冲康村）, Nang Town, and 23 kilometers away from Nang County with an elevation of 3165 meters. The overall design of the manor house was built according to the aristocratic manor, with a total area of 7807 square meters.
Natural Landscapes of Nang County
▪ Zarisarba Mountain（扎日莎巴山）within Nang County, Nyingchi Prefecture, Tibet is known as the Tibetan Buddhist Holy Mountain with the elevation of 4,827 meters.
▪ Laduozang Lake（拉多藏湖）is located in Zang Village（藏村）, Laduo Township（拉多乡）, Nang County with the elevation of 3700 meters, which is composed with five lakes of different types and scales, including Wangyu Pianzui Lake（万鱼偏嘴湖）, Fengzhaxi Lake（逢扎西湖）, Shenma Lake（神马湖）, Yuanhuan Lake（圆环湖） and Wei Lake（尾湖）.
▪ Gagong Waterfall（嘎贡瀑布）is located in Gagong Village（嘎贡村）, Nyingchi District, Tibet Autonomous Region, 57 kilometers away from Nang County.
Other Destinations in Nang County
Nang County Attractions
Nang County is rich in natural and human landscapes with abundant tourism resources, mainly including: Parchode Monastery(巴尔曲德寺), Lieshan Ancient Tomb Complex（列山古墓群）, Zili Monastery（孜立寺）, Chongkang Manor（冲康庄园）, Zarisarba Mountain（扎日莎巴山）, Laduozang Lake（拉多藏湖）, Gagong Waterfall（嘎贡瀑布）, etc. Cultural Relics in Nang County ▪ Parchode Monastery(巴尔曲德寺) : Located in Dolpa Village of Nang Town, Nang County of Nyingchi, Parchode Monastery is 18 kilometers away from Nang County. Being on an elephant-trunk-like mountain on the north bank of the Yarlung Zangbo River, it is in the vicinity of Chongkang Manor, the birthplace of the 13th Dalai Lama. It is the [...]
Nang County Tours
Nang County tours not only allow you to explore the brilliant Tibetan culture & authentic Tibetan customs, but also allow you to appreciate the natural charm of Tibet. We list the following Nang County tour packages that may interest you. Tailor-made tours are flexible and based on your personal preference. Nang County group tours are also available, which covers the popular tourist sites in Tibet. Start your trip to Nang County now. Here we list some attractive highlights in Nang County for visitors to [...]
Climate & When to Go
Nang County's climate is classified as warm and temperate. The summers are much rainier than the winters in Nang County with the average annual temperature of 9.8 °C and the average annual rainfall of 608 mm. The least amount of rainfall occurs in January with the average in this month of 2 mm. The greatest amount of precipitation occurs in July, with an average of 141 mm. The temperatures are highest on average in July, at around 17.2 °C. The lowest average [...]
1. Rental Car-- You can rent a car in Bayi Town or Lhasa. If you drive from Bayi Town, it’s about 120 km. If you drive from Lhasa City, it’s about 360 km. 2. Trek-- If you get off at Bayi Bridge, you can trek all the way to Draksum-tso. It’s about 8-hour walk. [...]
Festivals and Activities
Jindong Renbushenshan Shengshui Festival（金东仁布神山圣水节） has a thousand years of history, which is celebrates every May 15th of Tibetan Calendar when People in Nang County will get together for the emergence of the dew and holy spring water from the mountain. They will celebrate together, singing and dancing, to thrive prosperous and wish the coming year life in peace. Jindong Pastoralists Festival（金东牧民节） is mainly observed by the herdsmen every September 22nd of Tibetan Calendar. On that day local herders will be wearing [...]
1. Best Travel Time: August to October 2. Must Have Permits. Since Nyingchi is adjacent to India and Burma, more obligatory permits including Aliens’ Travel Permits, Militery Permit are required as well as Tibet Entry Permit. 3. High Altitude Precaution. Although Nyingchi is at a relatively lower elevation area, some places of high elevation like Mila Pass (5013m) may easily cause altitude reaction. Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time. 4. Prepare Food and Drinks. Since tourists have to [...]
To give the visitors a better trip in Nang County, we list some related maps about the county, including Nang County Maps, Nang County Tourist Maps, Nang City Map, and Nang County Location Map. [...]
Nang County Accommodation
Visitors can choose lots of hotels varied from budget one to five star in Nang County. Most of the hotels in Nang County provide high-qualified service. The prices are reasonable and all-inclusive. You can enjoy different style of breakfast, a western breakfast or a Tibetan breakfast. Parking is out of charge and free WiFi is equipped. The considerate services would make you relax and comfortable. No matter where you stay in Nyingchi, you won’t miss any attractions of your journey. Nang County Yinxiang Hotel（朗县印象酒店）: Located in [...]