Qüxü County Overview
Chinese Name: 曲水县 English IPA: Qu Shui Xian Location: Located southwest of the main center of Lhasa, Tibet, China. Population (city): 29,690 Language: Tibetan Language Zip code: Tel code: Time zone:
Qüxü County is a county in the Lhasa prefecture-level city, southwest of the main center of Lhasa, Tibet, China. It is mountainous in the northwest, flatter near the Lhasa River, which runs through the east of the county, and the Yarlung Tsangpo, which forms the southern border. The population of the county reaches 29,690 and more mostly engaged in agriculture or animal husbandry. The county is home to the Nyethang Drolma Lhakhang Temple（ 聶塘卓瑪拉康寺）.
Highlights in Quxu County
• Nyethang Drolma Lhakhang Temple（聂塘卓玛拉康寺） is located in Nyethang Town（聂塘乡）, Quxu County, and 25 kilometers southwest of Lhasa. The temple sitting the north and facing the south, was built with the contributive funds of Pangdun（庞顿） in the middle of the 11th century when the ancient Hindu respected monk Adixia（阿底峡） came to Tibet to preach and then in 1054 AD died in Nyethang area（聂塘地区）.
• Xiongse Temple（雄色寺） is located in Niebu Reduivillage（尼布热堆村）, Caina Town（才纳乡）, Quxu County（曲水县）, with the altitude of more than 4,100 meters. It is about 43 kilometers from the capital city of Lhasa and 44 kilometers away from the county seat. Built in 1181 AD by Seni Duodan（色尼多旦）, the temple belongs to Nyingma Tibetan Buddhism.
• Taohua Village（桃花村） which is famous for its breathtaking peach blossom is located about 30 kilometers west of Quxu County.
• Lari Zea Peak（拉日则阿峰） which means the five peaks of the holy mountain is located in the northeast of Quxu County, Lhasa City. There are some farmland and natural pastures at the foothill of Lari Zea Peak where growing varieties of highland barley, wheat, rape and other crops.
• Jiang Qulin Temple（降曲林寺）, the beautiful place with elegant scenery is located in Quxu County of Lhasa City, the downstream of Lhasa River. It was founded in 1189 by Baja Yisidorje（巴嘉热·益西多杰）, the Kagyu sect of Tibetan Buddhism.
• Samazha Temple（萨玛扎寺） also known as Sang Yang Temple（桑央寺） is located in Caina Town, Quxu County. It was built around the mountain, scattered in the cliffs of the flat area with great momentum and wonderful architectural technology, which reflects the Tibetan people diligence and intelligence.
Other Destinations in Qüxü County
Qüxü County Attractions
There are many amazing and imposing attractions in Quxu County. Here we list most of the main attractions in Quxu County for visitors to have a better and more wonderful trip. Nyethang Drolma Lhakhang Temple Nyethang Drolma Lhakhang Temple（聂塘卓玛拉康） is located in Nyethang Town（聂塘乡）, Quxu County, and 25 kilometers southwest of Lhasa. The temple sitting the north and facing the south, was built with the contributive funds of Pangdun（庞顿） in the middle of the 11th century when the ancient Hindu respected monk [...]
More Qüxü County Attractions >>
Qüxü County Tours
Here, we recommend and arrange some efficient and suitable tour routes and tour packages in Quxu County, in Lhasa and even in the whole Tibet for the travelers to provide a better trip and comfortable service. Here we list some attractive highlights in Quxu County for visitors to have a reference, including Nyethang Drolma Lhakhang Temple（聂塘卓玛拉康寺）, Xiongse Temple（雄色寺）, Taohua Village （桃花村）, Lari Zea Peak（拉日则阿峰）, Jiang Qulin Temple（降曲林寺）, and Samazha Temple（萨玛扎寺）. [...]
Climate & When to Go
Qüxü County has a temperate semi-arid plateau monsoon climate zone with 3,000 hours of annual sunshine hours on average and 150 days a year without frost. Annual precipitation is 441.9 millimeters. Natural disasters such as flash floods, landslides, drought, sandstorms, pests and diseases are common in the county. According to the climate here in Quxu County, June to September are the beat time traveling to Quxu County because at that time, the weather is much warmer with a higher oxygen level. [...]
More Qüxü County Climate & When to Go >>
To get to Quxu County from Lhasa City, here we recommend several ways for visitors. Quxu County is located in the middle of Tibet, the downstream of Lhasa River and the north bank of the Brahmaputra（雅鲁藏布江）. You can drive there from Lhasa City for one and a half hour. Visitors can take the rain from Lhasa Railway Station to Quxu Couty, which will cost you only CNY 11. Visitors can also have a taxi from Lhasa City to Quxu County, but it might be [...]
More Qüxü County Transportation >>
Festivals and Activities
There are several festivals celebrated in Quxu County, among which, the Wangguo Festival（望果节）, Xuedun Festival（雪顿节） and Xiannv Festival are grandest and most popular. Xuedun Festival Xuedun Festival（雪顿节）also known as Tibetan Opera Festival, is the most solemn festival in Tibet, and thousands of Buddhists flock from all over the world to Lhasa, with the most devout heart, one step at a time to worship the supreme Buddha. The Buddhist devotees go to the mountain to practice Buddhism and cultivate themselves, while the family members brought [...]
More Qüxü County Festivals and Activities >>
Here are some travel tips we listed for the visitors so that the visitors can have an unforgettable and amazing trip in Quxu County. Due to the high altitudes climatic conditions of Tibet, visitors should pay attention to the prevention and cure of the syndromes including headache, dizziness, flustered, shortness of breath, the plateau response, especially people who have chronic respiratory disease or cardiovascular disease. Even in winter, the sun is still strong in Tibet, so people travel to Tibet are supposed to [...]
More Qüxü County Travel Tips >>
To give the visitors a better trip in Quxu County, we list some related maps about the county, including Quxu County Maps, Quxu Tourist Maps, Quxu City Map, and Quxu Location Map. [...]
More Qüxü County Useful Maps >>
Qüxü County Accommodation
There are some excellent accommodation in Quxu County to provide visitors a comfortable place to have dinner or rest. Here, we list some of the hotels and resorts to you. Tianwaitian Hotel in Quxu County（曲水县天外天宾馆）: It is located in No. 25 Yanhe Road（沿河路）, Quxu Town（曲水镇）, Quxu County（曲水县）, Lhasa City. Xierong Ecological Garden（协荣生态园）: It is also a resort located near the Quxu Airport in Lhasa City, Tibetan Autonomous Region. Yasong Lunbuzi Hotel in Quxu County（曲水亚松伦布孜宾馆）: It is located in 8-56 Yanhe Road（沿河路）, Quxu County, Lhasa City. [...]
More Qüxü County Accommodation >>