Zili Monastery in Nang County, Nyingchi
Chinese Name: 孜立寺
English Name: Zili Monastery in Nang County, Nyingchi
Location: Located in Nang County, Nyingchi, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Zili Monastery
Located in Nyingchi region of western China’s Tibet Autonomous Region, Zili temple is 241 km away from county seat.The early name of Zili Monastery is “Azolian Zhang”, belonging to the Ningma Faction. It is divided into two categories: one is that the monks have to live in the temple without going home to kill, to drink, to marry, and to obey the discipline of the temple.The other is that in addition to not being able to kill, you can have a wife and children, being usually at home. The temple is known as the “Ardun” temple, where monks can not live in temples, drink or marry and have children.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Nang County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 Day
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.