Parchode Monastery in Nang County, Nyingchi
Chinese Name: 巴尔曲德寺
English Name: Parchode Monastery in Nang County, Nyingchi
Location: Located in Nang County, Nyingchi, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Parchode Monastery
Located in Dolpa Village of Nang Town, Nang County of Nyingchi, Parchode Monastery is 18 kilometers away from Nang County. Being on an elephant-trunk-like mountain on the north bank of the Yarlung Zangbo River, it is in the vicinity of Chongkang Manor, the birthplace of the 13th Dalai Lama.
It is the largest temple in Nyingchi. The original platform where the temple lied was reminiscent of a stack of printing plates, so it was called “Parchode Monastery” (refers to “a stack of printing plates”). It is also understood as “white pagoda on terrace”.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Nang County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 Day
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.