High Temperature Geyser in Zhongba County, Shigatse
Chinese Name: 仲巴高温间歇喷泉
English Name: High Temperature Geyser in Zhongba County, Shigatse
Location: Located in Zhongba County, Shigatse Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Gangpula Snow Mountain
Zhongba High Temperature Geyser is located in the mountainside of Lasaila Mountain（拉赛拉山）of Zhongba County, Shigatse Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region. When it erupts with a roar, the hot water, sand, and rocks immediately spray into the sky, and then, after a few hours of silence, become gasping and gasping for breath, and then it will start spraying again a few hours later. The scene of the fountain eruption is really spectacular. The geyser is calm sometimes and angry other times which attracts millions of visitors every year.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Zhongba by long-distance bus, which is the major choice.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 day
- Traveling Seasons: Summer and Autumn
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content.
- Pay attention to prepare some cold weather gear like a hat, gloves, a scarf and a thick winter coat.
- Dry season is better than rainy season for mountaineering.
- Please stay in a safe situation when you try to enjoy the spectacular scene of the geyser eruption.