Lunzhu Quding Monastery in Rutog County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 伦珠曲顶寺
English Name: Lunzhu Quding Monastery in Rutog County, Ngari
Location: Located in Rutog County, Ngari, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Lunzhu Quding Monastery
Lunzhu Quding Monastery, also known as Rutog Monastery（日土寺）, is one of the largest monasteries in Rutog County and the most influential monastery in Ngari. Located in the west of Rutog County and 10 kilometers away from the county seat, the monastery is funded by Bhutanese Lama and the Gelug Lama.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Rutog County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 day
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.