Chaniu Hot Spring in Coqen County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 茶妞温泉
English Name: Chaniu Hot Spring in Coqen County, Ngari
Location: Located in Coqen County, Ngari Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Chaniu Hot Spring
Chaniu Hot Spring（茶妞温泉）is situated in Chima Village（赤玛村）, Quluo Township（曲洛乡）, Coqen County（措勤县）, Ngari Prefecture（阿里地区）, Tibet Autonomous Region, 10 kilometers away from the Chima Tea House（赤玛茶馆）, and 170 kilometers from the county seat. It is located in No. 206 provincial highway beside the tarmac with an elevation of 4800 meters. There is beautiful environment with convenient transportation. Chaniu Hot Spring spews hot springs all the year round, with the spray coming up from time to time. Seen from a distance, it is really spectacular, with a strong sulphur smell. The spring water is rich in a variety of minerals, so visitors who go to the spa there often will have an auxiliary cure effect for skin disease, arthritis, gout, fracture, cardiovascular and stomach trouble, etc. Therefore, it attracts many visitors from and outside the district to visit the hot spring and take photos.
Tips: Ten Things to Watch for Hot Springs Bathing
- When you soak in the hot spring, you must remember to pick off your metal ornaments; otherwise you will be very sad to find that your favorite jewelry has been sulfide black.
- Avoid soaking in the hot spring with empty stomach, or after meals and drink, otherwise there will be vertigo or cerebral hemorrhage.
- Choose to adapt to its own high, medium and low temperature hot spring pools, generally from low temperature to high temperature.
- You aren’t to be soaked in the hot spring long; otherwise there will be chest tightness, thirst, and dizziness and so on.
- It is best to apply moisturizing lotion immediately after soaking the hot spring to avoid any discomfort.
- Don’t take a hot spring alone to avoid an accident.
- After you soak the hot spring, you can flush it with water without the bath fluid, or you will flush out the minerals that are attached to your body when you soak in the hot spring.
- Patients with high blood pressure and heart disease should be cautious and slow when they get up from the hot spring, in case the blood vessels dilate and blood pressure drop, leading to dizziness and falling.
- Pregnant women should not take hot springs. Studies have confirmed that “high fever” can be teratogenic.
- After soaking in the hot spring, the human body’s water evaporates rapidly and needs to be replenished.
Naqu District 206 line runs through the Coqen County. There are Xinjiang Tibet highway in the south and the District Lane 301 line in the north. The highway traffic system is perfect; visitors can choose self-driving tour in Coqen County. There are 724.2 km from Ngari to Coqen County and it will spend 17 hours for driving. Tourist can travel to Ngari by air firstly and then transfer to Coqen County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. .
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: half a day
- Traveling Seasons: summer and autumn.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.