Nianchu River in Rinbung County, Shigatse
Chinese Name: 年楚河
English Name: Nianchu River in Rinbung County, Shigatse
Location: Located in Rinbung County, Shigatse, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Nianchu River
Located in Tibet Autonomous Region, Nianchu River is the largest tributary of the Yarlung Zangbo River which originates from the Ningjin Kangsha Glacier in south-central Tibet with a total length of 217 kilometers and a watershed area of 11,130 square kilometers. The intersection of the Nianchu River is known as Rinbung County since ancient times. It is developed agricultural area with the fame of “Tibet’s granary” in Tibet.
Tourist Services of Nianchu River
Cuisine and Snack: In Rinbung County, there are many delicacy snacks.
Accommodation: After you enjoy the gorgeous scenery of Nianchu River, you may accommodate in the hotels if you can’t get back to Rinbung County in time.
Shopping: Rinbung was rich in natural forest resources, including economic plants and medicinal plants. As for the economic plants, there are many wild plantain and bananas
Rinbung County Transportation
You can choose either self-driving traveling or take public transportation. According to your beginning place, there may be different ways to go to Rinbung County. There are two main lines available below.
- Lhasa- Shigatse- Rinbung County
You can reach Lhasa by air or train. Then take a bus to Rinbung County.
- Shigatse- Rinbung County
You can also take a specific train to Shigatse and take a bus to Rinbung County.
Attraction Travel Tips:
- Traveling Hours: 1 day
- Traveling Seasons: June to September
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content.
- Pay attention to prepare some cold weather gear like a hat, gloves, a scarf and a thick winter coat.
- The Border Permit is required to enter the mountain; as it is less convenient to apply for one in Tibet, it is suggested to obtain the permit ahead of the travelling.