Renqinbeng Monastery in Medog County, Nyingchi
Chinese Name: 仁钦崩寺
English Name: Renqinbeng Monastery
Location: Located in Medog County(墨脱县), Nyingchi Prefecture(林芝市), Tibet Autonomous Region, China
Admission Fee: 5 RMB
Opening Hours: 9:00~16:00
About Renqinbeng Monastery
Renqinbeng Monastery is the biggest monastery in Medog County, Nyingchi Prefecture. It has been built after the Memban relocation, about eight generations ago.
History and Development of Renqinbeng Monastery
It is said that the Renqinbeng Monastery was built by the Buddha in the Gopu Monastery(甘布寺). Originally, it was a three-storied stone and wood structure with 12 walls and 4 doors, and there were several gilded bronze statues in it. It was destroyed by the earthquake in 1950, it was rebuilt into two-doors structure.
Main Attractions- Renqinbeng Monastery
There are beautiful sceneries inside and outside in the monastery, ancient wood and flowers make it ancient and elegant, you will fall in love with these ancient culture and beautiful sceneries.
There are some useful tips for tourists get a better tour in Medog County:
1. Keep your backpack light. However, some necessities including alpenstock, sun glasses, sunscreen cream, lighter, penknife and water bottle shouldn’t be missed.
2. Bring some high-energy snacks, such as jerked beef, chocolate and energy sticks.
3. Bring a small medical kit, just in case.
4. Wear a pair of hiking shoes and gaiters to prevent leech bites. If you were bitten, use a lit cigarette or lighter to remove the leeches.
Attraction Travel Tips
1. Traveling Hours: 2 hours
2. Traveling Seasons: All year
3. High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water and some thick clothes, eating more fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins and so on.
4. Pay attention to respect the local customers in the monastery.