Sênggê Zangbo River in Gê’gyai County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 獅泉河
English Name: Sênggê Zangbo River in Gê’gyai County, Ngari
Tibetan Name: སེང་གེ་ཁ་འབབ།
Location: Located in Gê’gyai County, Ngari Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Sênggê Zangbo River
Sênggê Zangbo（森格藏布）, or Sênggê River is the name of the Indus River in Tibetan. It flows through Gê’gyai County, Ngari Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region, China. The capital city of Ngari, Shiquanhe（狮泉河）, is also called Sênggêzangbo after the river. The source of Sênggê Zangbo is within Gêgyai County, Ngari Prefecture, not far from the Mount Kailash（冈仁波齐峰）. The river drains an area of 27,450 square kilometers, and covers a length of 430 kilometers. Main tributaries include Gar Tsangpo.
Gegyai County highway traffic system is perfect; visitors can choose self-driving tour. The nearest airport to Gegyai County is Ngari Gunsa Airport. Tourist can travel to Ngari by air firstly and then transfer to Gegyai County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There are 110.7 km from Ngari to Gegyai County and it just spends 2.5 hours for driving.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 2 hours
- Traveling Seasons: May to September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- If you choose to travel by car, please pay attention to the road condition and drive carefully.