Zhajia Monastery in Gê’gyai County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 扎加寺
English Name: Zhajia Monastery in Gê’gyai County, Ngari
Location: Located in Gê’gyai County, Ngari Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Zhajia Monastery
Zhajia Monastery（扎加寺）which was built in 1797 year is located in Gegyai Town（革吉镇）, Gê’gyai County（革吉县）, Ngari Prefecture（阿里地区）, Tibet Autonomous Region, 95 kilometers from the county seat. It covers a construction area of 425 square meters, and a total area of 36 million square meters, with 4770 meters above sea level. And monastery consecrate the main Buddha: the statues of the sixth living Buddha Gama Batong Wadun（噶玛巴彤瓦顿典）, the 8th living Buddha Gama Bami Juduoji（噶玛巴米举多吉）, padmasambhava master（莲花生大师像）, sakyamuni（释迦牟尼像）, etc. and sandalwood red hat as well as a large number of Thangka（唐卡）.
Gegyai County highway traffic system is perfect; visitors can choose self-driving tour. The nearest airport to Gegyai County is Ngari Gunsa Airport. Tourist can travel to Ngari by air firstly and then transfer to Gegyai County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There are 110.7 km from Ngari to Gegyai County and it just spends 2.5 hours for driving.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 2 hours
- Traveling Seasons: May to September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- If you choose to travel by car, please pay attention to the road condition and drive carefully.