Shigatse Travel Weather and Climate in February
Shigatse Weather and Climate in February
Average Minimum Temperature (℃): -9.2
Average Maximum Temperature (℃): 8.41
Average Precipitation/Rainfall (mm): 0.16 mm
Rainy Days: 2
Relative Humidity (%): 23
Average Wind Speed (kmph): 5.9
When you travel to Shigatse in February, the temperature of Shigatse in February goes slightly up as it moves to the spring season. Though the nights of the last winter month is still chilly, low to -13 degrees at the coldest, the daytime in Shigatse is warmer than many have expected, with temperatures reaching up to 16 degrees. It is the driest time of the year, accompanied by strong wind.
What to Wear for a February Shigatse Travel
In addition to your passport, Tibet Travel Permit and Chinese Visa, which are essential for you to tour around Tibet, you will also need to pack enough warm clothing. Thick sweaters and down jackets are the must to withstand the cold in February, even for tourists who are able-bodied to bear coldness. Glover, warm shoes and anything could keep you warm are also required.
Useful Travel Tips for your Shigatse Travel in February
- There are some medications for altitude sickness available, but you should consult your own doctor before you take them, and it is not recommended.
- Tibet Travel Permit: This permit is issued by the Tibet Tourism Bureau and is required for all international travelers heading for Tibet. You need to apply for this permit one month prior to your arrival in Tibet as this permit takes some time to get ready and you need to produce the original copy of this permit at the Airport before you board the flight.
- For a good visit to Tibet you need to pack carefully, as it can be cold there at any time of the year. Make sure that you have your valid passport and Chinese Entry Visa with you at all times, and that it is kept secure or on your person at all times.
- No matter which season you go to Tibet, you should bring sunglasses and sun protection equipment, including sun hats, sunscreens etc.
Things to see and do at Shigatse in February
- One of the most famous attractions is the magnificent Tashilhunpo Monastery, which is the traditional seat of Panchen Lama and is the largest monastery in Shigatse. Here you can find the largest gold gilded bronze statue in the world, namely the future Buddha Statue.
- Shigatse is the second largest city. It is about six hours west of Lhasa. The highlights in Shigatse include Tashilhunpo Monastery. In February, the average high temperature is 8 °C (46 °F), and the average nightly low is -10 °C (14 °F). The higher altitude makes it slightly colder than Lhasa.