Xiuba Ancient Castle in Gongbogyamda County, Nyingchi
Chinese Name: 秀巴古堡
English Name: Xiuba Ancient Castle
Location: Located in Gongbogyamda County(工布江达县), Nyingchi Prefecture(林芝市), Tibet Autonomous Region, China
Admission Fee: 90 RMB
Opening Hours: 8:00~19:00
About Xiuba Ancient Castle
Xiuba Ancient Castle is located in the Gongbogyamda County, Nyingtri, Tibet. The name Xiuba means ‘skinning’ in Tibetan language.
History and Development of Xiuba Ancient Castle
This castle has a long history that it was constructed with stones and wood back in Tang Dynasty. Xiuba Ancient Castle consists of five castles with various heights, ranging from 20 to meters. At the beginning, it had seven castles in total. However, due to years without restoration, 2 of them collapsed. Right now, only three of these remaining castles are in relatively good condition.
Main Attractions- Xiuba Ancient Castle
The three better condition castles are Batang Ancient Castle with an area of 1400 square meters, Xueka Village Ancient Castle group and Xiuba Millenary Ancient Castle group. There are roofs with overlooking holes on the castle. These holes are used to watch far and shoot arrows to the enemies.
1. Rental Car– You can rent a car in Bayi Town or Lhasa. If you drive from Bayi Town, it’s about 120 km. If you drive from Lhasa City, it’s about 360 km.
2. Trek– If you get off at Bayi Bridge, you can trek all the way to Draksum-tso. It’s about 8-hour walk.
Attraction Travel Tips
1. Traveling Hours: 1~2 hours
2. Traveling Seasons: All year
3. High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water and some thick clothes, eating more fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins and so on.
4. Pay attention to respect the local customers.