Qamdo Travel Weather and Climate in March
Chamdo Travel Weather and Climate in March
Minimum Temperature (℃):-3.4
Average Temperature (℃):4.5
Maximum Temperature (℃):12.5
March is much warmer, with maximum temperatures getting up to around 4 degrees, and the average topping around -3 degrees. The rain does increase to around 9 wet days throughout the month, and around 12 centimeters of snow.
What to Wear for a March Chamdo Travel
You should bring the following:
● T-shirts and long sleeves to cope with the daily changing temperature
● 2-3 sweaters for cooler evenings and nights
● Fleece or down jacket for when it gets cold in the daytime
● Windproof and waterproof pants
● Warm undergarments, as it can get chilly even in the height of summer
● Rugged hiking boots or shoes for the rough rocky ground
● Enough toiletries for the entire trip
● Moisturizers and sun block
● Lip balm and sunglasses
Things to see and do at Chamdo in March
Chamdo is also a nest of many tourist attractions. Its complicated topography and wonderful landscapes make many great tourist sights in Chamdo, like snow-capped mountains, fast-running rivers, thundering waterfalls, and dense forests. Besides, ancient monasteries, buildings, steles, villages, and workshops are also tourist attractions in Chamdo. Just list a few of the famous spots in Chamdo: Chambaling Monastery, Karma Temple, Riwoche Monastery, Tsedrug Temple, Carnot Ruins and Rawok Lake.
Useful Travel Tips for your Chamdo Travel in March
- There are some medications for altitude sickness available, but you should consult your own doctor before you take them, and it is not recommended.
- Tibet Travel Permit: This permit is issued by the Tibet Tourism Bureau and is required for all international travelers heading for Tibet. You need to apply for this permit one month prior to your arrival in Tibet as this permit takes some time to get ready and you need to produce the original copy of this permit at the Airport before you board the flight.
- For a good visit to Tibet you need to pack carefully, as it can be cold there at any time of the year. Make sure that you have your valid passport and Chinese Entry Visa with you at all times, and that it is kept secure or on your person at all times.
- No matter which season you go to Tibet, you should bring sunglasses and sun protection equipment, including sun hats, sunscreens etc.