Zhanang County Overview
Chinese Name: 扎囊县 English IPA: Zha Nang Xian Location: Located in Lhokha Prefecture,Tibet Population (city): 40,000 Language: Tibetan Language Zip code: Tel code: Time zone:
Zhanang County in Lhokha Prefecture of Tibet is located in middle section of Yarlung Tsangpo River in south-central Tibet, and at an average elevation of about 5,302 meters above sea level. It covers an area of 2,163 square kilometers with a population of 40,000.
Highlights of Zhanang County
▪ Chimpu Meditation Center（青朴修行地）: Chimpu Mountain became famous because Padma Sambhava and living Buddha Trisong Detsen has been practiced here and that is why Chimpu Meditation Center is regarded as the holy land for devout stylites.
▪ Mindroling Monastery（敏珠林寺）: an important monastery for studying the history and doctrines of Nyingma sector, a sector that focus on astronomy and calendar.
▪ Samye Temple（桑耶寺）: The famous murals in Samye Temple record the historical affairs of the introduction of Buddhism and many Buddhist stories. It was established in 8th century, and the first temple which mixes Buddhism, Taoism.
▪ Lang Sai Ridge Manor（朗赛岭庄园）: this is an epitome of ancient Tibetan slavery society, reveals the sagacity of the ancient people in building the manor. And this an important scenic spot in this area.
▪ The green park resort: the altitude of this resort is 4,300 meters. There are 108 caves for practicing scripture and 108 springs as well as 108 sky burial places. It is an enshrine of visiting Buddhism temples.
▪ Dratang Monastery（扎塘寺）: About 48km east of Gongkar airport is the turn-off to the 11th-century Dratang Monastery(扎塘寺), located 2km off the main road in the Drannang Valley. This small Sakyapa monastery of only eight monks is of interest mainly to art specialists for its rare murals, which combine Indian and inner Asian stytles. Bring a torch to see the murals.
Other Destinations in Zhanang County
Zhanang County Attractions
● Dratang Monastery（扎塘寺）: About 48km east of Gongkar airport is the turn-off to the 11th-century Dratang Monastery(扎塘寺), located 2km off the main road in the Drannang Valley. This small Sakyapa monastery of only eight monks is of interest mainly to art specialists for its rare murals, which combine Indian and inner Asian stytles. Bring a torch to see the murals. ● Chimpu Meditation Center（青朴风景区）: Chimpu Mountain became famous because Padma Sambhava and living Buddha Trisong Detsen has beem practiced here and that is [...]
Zhanang County Tours
Zhanang County tours not only allow you to explore the brilliant Tibetan culture & authentic Tibetan customs, but also allow you to appreciate the natural charm of Tibet. We list the following Zhanang County tour packages that may interest you. Tailor-made tours are flexible and based on your personal preference. Zhanang County group tours are also available, which covers the popular tourist sites in Tibet. Start your trip to Zhanang County now. Here we list some attractive highlights in Zhanang County for visitors to [...]
Climate & When to Go
Zhanang enjoys a temperate and dry climate, with average annual rainfall of less than 450 millimeters. The rainy season is concentrated between June and September. Annual sunshine is between 2,600 and 3,300 hours. Average annual temperature is between 6.0 and 8.8 degrees Celsius, with the record high at 31 degrees and a low at 37 degrees below zero. Average annual wind speed is about 3 meters/second, with the fastest speed at 17 meters/second. The windy season is concentrated between December [...]
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Lhoka by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. [...]
Festivals and Activities
Many festivals are held in Lhoka region in its counties, district, monasteries and villages to celebrate the harvest season, the New Year or Losar and natural elements such as birds. A colorful and widely celebrated festival is the Ongkor (Bumper Harvest) Festival which is observed in June according to the Tibetan calendar, in the riverine areas to mark good harvests of the season. Ongkor Festival As the crop-ripening time approaches, Tibetan farmers begin to celebrate the Ongkor Festival, which is prevalent [...]
1. Best Time to Visit: The period between March to October is the best time to visit Zhanang County. From March to April, plum blossom all over the mountains and plains makes Zhanang County a fairyland. From May to June, tourist can appreciate the beautiful scenery. Zhanang County turns to be green world from July to August and golden yellow during September to October. 2. High Altitude Precaution. Although Lhoka is at a relatively lower elevation area, some places of high elevation may easily [...]
To give the visitors a better trip in Zhanang County, we list some related maps about the county, including Zhanang County Maps, Zhanang County Tourist Maps, Zhanang County Map, and Zhanang County Location Map. [...]
Zhanang County Accommodation
Visitors can choose lots of hotels varied from budget one to five star in Zhanang County. Most of the hotels in Zhanang County provide high-qualified service. The prices are reasonable and all-inclusive. You can enjoy different style of breakfast, a western breakfast or a Tibetan breakfast. Parking is out of charge and free WiFi is equipped. The considerate services would make you relax and comfortable. No matter where you stay in Lhoka, you won’t miss any attractions of your journey. Zhanang Huiyi Hostel（扎囊惠意旅店）: Located in Zhemu [...]