Zhongba County Overview
Chinese Name: 仲巴县 English IPA: Zhongba Xian Location: Located in the west end of Shigatse and the north of Mount Himalayas. Population (city): 20,000 Language: Tibetan Language Zip code: Tel code: Time zone:
Zhongba County is located in the west end of Shigatse and the north of Mount Himalayas. It borders Nepal to the south, connects Burang County（普兰县） to the west and Gerze County（改则县） to the north. Covering an total area of 43594 square kilometers, Zhongba County has a total population of 20000 and the major economic sources are raising sheep, goat, yak and horse. The county is dotted with lakes such as Taruo Lake, Ang Laren Lake and Renqingxiubu Lake.
Highlights of Zhongba County
▪ Mount Himalayas（喜马拉雅山）: Located in the south of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, Mount Himalayas is a international mountain that lies in China, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Sikkim and Bhutan.
▪ Mount Gangdise（冈底斯山）: “Gangdise” means the source of all the water. The average altitude of Mount Gangdise is about 6000 meters and it connects Nyenchen Tanglha Mountain（念青唐古拉山） to the east and Himalayas to the south.
▪ Yarlung Zangbo River（雅鲁藏布江）: Originated from the the north slope of Mount Himalayas, Yarlung Zangbo River is the largest river in Tibet and the highest river in the world.
▪ Jiema Yangzong Glacier（杰马央宗冰川） is in the area of Zhongba County in Shigatse region with the meaning of the sandy beach arranged in a million zigzag in Tibetan language.
▪ Palong Cuo（帕龙措） means Niuxiang Lake（牛乡湖）which is in the northwest of Zhongba County in Shigatse with an altitude of 5,092 meters and an area of 140 square kilometers. Palong Cuo is a salt water lake, surrounded by natural pasture.
▪ Biduo Zangbu（毕多藏布）Located in the northwest of Zhongba County of Shigatse, Biduo Zangbu（毕多藏布） means Alkali River（碱江）which is originated from the northern foothills of Gangdis Mountains（冈底斯山）.
▪ Zhachang Gongba Monastery（扎昌贡巴寺） is located in the northwest of Zhongba County of Shigatse. The main building consists of the structure hall, the Buddhism hall, the shrine monastery, and the building of the monks. There are natural pastures around the monastery.
▪ Zhongba high temperature geyser（仲巴高温间歇喷泉） is located in the area of Zhongba County in Shigatse. When it erupts, with a roar, the hot water, sand, and rocks immediately spray into the sky, and then, after a few hours of silence, it starts spraying again.
▪ Baryang（帕羊） which situated in Baryang Town（帕羊镇）, Zhongba County, Shigatse, Tibetan Autonomous Region is a prairie town full of the western flavor extremely. The streets are clean with the neat residences arranged loosely in the small town.
Other Destinations in Zhongba County
Zhongba County Attractions
There are many amazing and imposing attractions in Zhongba County. Here we list most of the main attractions in Zhongba County for visitors to have a better and more wonderful trip. Jiema Yangzong Glacier（杰马央宗冰川） is in the area of Zhongba County in Shigatse region with the meaning of the sandy beach arranged in a million zigzag in Tibetan language. Originated in the northern foothills of the Himalayas, the Jiema Yangzong is the source of the Brahmaputra River. According to the study, [...]
Zhongba County Tours
Shigatze tour is one of the most attractive tours in Tibet, which can provide tourists stunning and amazing views in Tibet. It couldn’t be better to travel to Zhongba County in Tibet. We provide some types of tour packages for visitors to Zhongba County. Here, we recommend and arrange some efficient and suitable tour routes and tour packages in Zhongba County, in Shigatse and even in the whole Tibet for the travelers to have a better trip and comfortable service. Here we list some attractive highlights in Zhongba County for [...]
Climate & When to Go
The climate of Zhongba is plateau dry cold zone. The weather is very dry with the severe wind and the long duration of sunshine. As is known to us, the temperature difference in plateau area can be extremely large day and night. The average temperature is no more than 20 Celsius, and the lowest temperature is -40 Celsius. The average rainfall is 280 mm. When to Travel to Zhongba County The period between March to October is the best time to visit [...]
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Zhongba by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. [...]
Festivals and Activities
The Tibetan New Year is the traditional festival of Tibetan people and the most solemn festival in Tibet. Zhongba County not only celebrates the "peasant year" on December 1st, but also observes the Tibetan New Year on January 1st of the Tibetan calendar. The Spring Festival begins on December 29. According to the customs, people are supposed to held the activity named "Guqia "（古恰）, meaning to clean the house inside and outside the courtyard thoroughly. People will put new Tibetan carpet in the [...]
Here are some travel tips we listed for the visitors so that the visitors can have an unforgettable and amazing trip in Zhongba County. Best time travel to Zhongba County is Spring and Autumn. Due to the high altitudes climatic conditions of Tibet, visitors should pay attention to the prevention and cure of the syndromes including headache, dizziness, flustered, shortness of breath, the plateau response, especially people who have chronic respiratory disease or cardiovascular disease. Sunglasses is absolutely necessary for all seasons to [...]
To give the visitors a better trip in Zhongba County, we list some related maps about the county, including Zhongba County Maps, Zhongba County Tourist Maps, Zhongba County Map, and Zhongba County Location Map. [...]
Zhongba County Accommodation
Here we provide some suggested hotels and hostels in Zhongba County to visitors for a better and more convenient trip. Zhongba Yajiangyuan Hotel in Tibet（西藏仲巴雅江源宾馆）：Located in No. 8 Xingfu Road, Zhongba County, Shigatse City, Tibet Yuzhou Hotel in Zhongba County, Shigatse（日喀则仲巴县渝州宾馆）: Located on the right side of Baogang Avenue, Zhongba County, Shigatse Baryang Hotel of Shigatse（日喀则帕羊宾馆）: Located besides China National Highway 219, Baryang Town, Zhongba County, Shigatse Maoniu Hotel（牦牛宾馆）: Located in Zhongba County, Shigatse City, Tibetan Autonomous Region [...]