Pabala Lake in Zogang County, Chamdo
Chinese Name: 帕巴拉神湖
English Name: Pabala Lake in Zogang County, Chamdo
Location: Located in Zogang County, Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Pabala Lake
Pabala Lake scenic area（帕巴拉神湖景区）is located in Xueba Village（雪巴村）, Zhayu Town（扎玉镇）, Zogang County（左贡县）, Chamdo Prefecture（昌都市）, Tibet Autonomous Region, 78 kilometers away from the county seat, which consists of Shenhu Lake（神湖）, the surrounding mountains, Lunzhu Monastery（伦珠寺）, Bugutang Grassland（布谷塘草原）, the natural caves, unique trees, rocks, and pine, poplar, cypress, fir forest landscape and so on.
Shenhu Lake also known as Pabala Lake, covers an area of about 530000 square meters with the green grass surrounded like the carpet, the sea of flowers, colorful butterflies, all kinds of trees around. The wild ducks flock on the water, and various flying birds inhabit in the water, which present a very pleasant and harmonious picture, and attracts many a visitors.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Zogang by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. And you can transfer from Qamdo to Zogang County. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 to 2 hours
- Traveling Seasons: March to October.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Owing to the long distance and circuitous route, it is better to head for the attraction in the early morning.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.