Dongba Tourist Area in Zogang County, Chamdo
Chinese Name: 东坝景区
English Name: Dongba Tourist Area in Zogang County, Chamdo
Location: Located in Zogang County, Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Tiantuo Monastery
Dongba（东坝）is located in Nu River Valley, 22 km from Tiantuo Bridge of No. 318 national road. Surrounded by mountains which are with different shapes of the animals, Dongba Township looks like a lotus flower centered with Junyong Village（军拥村）. The local dwelling houses of Dongba have a large scale. They are built with well-chosen materials, elegant design, fine workmanship, vivid patterns, spectacular external, fine-carved internal, which has the similar layout to Lijiang, but still maintain the characteristics of Tibetan culture.
The Hot Spring Resources of Dongba Township
There are 5 hot springs in Dongba Township, which are distributed among the whole township. Among them, Shala Hot Springs of Baxue Village are the most famous for its great beauty. There are also plenty of spas and a medium-sized hot spring shower pools. Due to geographical reasons, there naturally forms a rare number of hot spring falls.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Zogang by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. And you can transfer from Qamdo to Zogang County. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: half a day
- Traveling Seasons: March to October.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- When you soak in the hot spring, you must remember to pick off your metal ornaments; otherwise you will be very sad to find that your favorite jewelry has been sulfide black.
- Avoid soaking in the hot spring with empty stomach, or after meals and drink, otherwise there will be vertigo or cerebral hemorrhage.