Tuqing Monastery in Saga County, Shigatse
Chinese Name: 土庆寺
English Name: Tuqing Monastery in Saga County, Shigatse
Location: Located in the Saga County, Shigatse, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Tuqing Monastery
Located in the east part of Saga County of Tibet Autonomous Region, it was founded in 1542 and is a monastery of the Gelug sect of Tibetan Buddhism which is 140 kilometers away from the county seat. In 2013, The People’s Government of the Saga County made a tender for the construction project of Buzha Monastery, Kuyu Monastery, Nugong Monastery and Toqing Monastery.
Saga County Transportation
You can choose either self-driving traveling or take public transportation. According to your beginning place, there may be different ways to go to Saga County. There are two main lines available below.
- Lhasa- Shigatse- Saga County
You can reach Lhasa by air or train. Then take a bus to Saga County.
- Shigatse- Saga County
You can also take a specific train to Shigatse and take a bus to Saga County.
Attraction Travel Tips:
- Traveling Hours: 1.5 – 2 hours
- Traveling Seasons: All seasons
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content.
- Pay attention to prepare some cold weather gear like a hat, gloves, a scarf and a thick winter coat.
- The Border Permit is required to enter the mountain; as it is less convenient to apply for one in Tibet, it is suggested to obtain the permit ahead of the travelling.
- Pay attention to respect the Tibetan local customs in the monastery.