Cona County Overview
Chinese Name: 错那县 English IPA: Cuònà Xiàn Location: located in the far south-east of Tibet Autonomous Region Population (city): 15277(2010) Language: Tibetan Language Zip code: Tel code: Time zone:
Cona County belongs to Lhoka City, south-east of Tibet Autonomous Region. It is located in the longitude 91°28′-94°22′, latitude between 26°25′-28°27′. There are so many attractive Scenic spots in Cuona County and it’s also rich in animal and plant resources. Tourists not only can enjoy natural scenery and ethnic culture, but also can visit the Buddha shrine in Cona County.
• Kangto Mountain(康格多山): at 7,060 metres (23,163 ft), it is on the border of Northeastern Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh and Tibet Autonomous Region of China.
• Lebugou(勒布沟): it is the major settlements of Moinba nationalities (门巴族). They have their own dialects, cultures, costumes, etc… Tourists can appreciate beautiful scenery and taste a bowl of thick green naked wine and local reeky buckwheat cake here.
• Ancient Sea-buckthorn Forest(古沙棘林): with more than 1000 years of history, it covers 800 acres. Local people call Sea-buckthorn as “Lasin” which means the soul tree in Tibetan Language.
• Nariyongcuo Lake(拿日雍措): it is the largest lake in Cona County. In winter, the lake froze more than a dozen centimeters and people can reach the central island to play.
• Langbo Town(浪波乡): it is the main border village of our county which has long border line. Tourists not only can enjoy the original ecological landscape, but also can experience hot spring in Dasang hole(达桑洞藏).
• There are many temples in Cona County for tourists have religious tour such as Zhare Temple(扎热寺), Juela Temple(觉拉寺) and Gongbazi Temple(贡巴孜寺).
Other Destinations in Cona County
Cona County Attractions
Lhoka Cona County, as a wonderful and brilliant place, is famous for its natural landscape and ethnic culture. There are lots of attractive sights for tourists to have a pleasant trip. • Kangto Mountain(康格多山): at 7,060 metres (23,163 ft), it is on the border of Northeastern Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh and Tibet Autonomous Region of China. • Lebugou(勒布沟): it is the major settlements of Moinba nationalities (门巴族). They have their own dialects, cultures, costumes, etc... Tourists can appreciate beautiful scenery and taste a bowl of thick green [...]
Cona County Tours
Tourists not only can enjoy natural scenery and ethnic culture, but also can visit the Buddha shrine in Cona County. They shouldn’t miss Kangto Mountain(康格多山), Lebugou(勒布沟), Ancient Sea-buckthorn Forest(古沙棘林), Nariyongcuo Lake(拿日雍措), Langbo Town(浪波乡), Zhare Temple(扎热寺), Juela Temple(觉拉寺) and Gongbazi Temple(贡巴孜寺). We provide some types of tour packages for visiting Lhoka Cona County. [...]
Climate & When to Go
The climate in Cona County can be roughly divided into two different types. In the northern foot of Himalaya Range is subtropical mountain semi-humid climate; in the northern foot of Himalaya Range is plateau cold climate. The former is characterized by wet and rainy. With less sunshine, it doesn’t have clear dry and wet season; the latter is dry and clod. With less rain and sunshine, Strong winds and snow disaster occur fluently during winter. Cona County is 4380 meters [...]
The highway traffic system is perfect; visitors can choose self-driving tour in Cona County. The closest airport is Lhasa Gonggar Airport about 300 km from Cona County and the closest railway station is Tsonag Railway Station. Tourist can also travel by train or air firstly and then transfer to long-distance bus or self-driving which is the major choice. [...]
Festivals and Activities
Many Tibetan festival and activities are full of ethnic flavors and religious color. In addition to annual large-scale worship rituals to Buddha and Buddhist masters, Tibetan people will also hold a series of festivities associated with religious life and agricultural production consisting of religious festivals and folk ones. There are over 100 festivals in Tibet and visitors can enjoy most of traditional Tibetan festivals in Lhoka Cona County. Cona County is the major settlements of Moinba nationalities (门巴族). They have their own dialects, [...]
There are some useful tips for tourists get a better tour in Cona County: •The Best Travel Time: from June to August •Avoid High Altitude Sickness: because of the high altitudes climatic conditions of Cona County, visitors should pay attention to the prevention and cure of the syndromes including headache, dizziness, flustered, shortness of breath, the plateau response, especially people who have chronic respiratory disease or cardiovascular disease. In addition, bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content, like chocolate for fluid loss [...]
These maps are about Lhoka Cona County, including location maps, region maps, tourist maps, attractions maps, and transportation maps. [...]
Cona County Accommodation
We will choose the accommodation which has elegant environment, well-equipped facilities and excellent service. The prices are reasonable and all-inclusive. You can enjoy different style of breakfast, a western breakfast or a Tibetan breakfast. Parking is out of charge and free wifi is equipped.No matter where you stay in Lhoka Cona County, you won’t miss any attractions of your journey. We list some excellent hotels for tourists here. • Lhoka Lebu Jianghuai Hotel • Cona Hongjin Hotel • Cona Nariyongcuo Hotel [...]