Dingjiezong in Dinggyê County, Shigatse
Chinese Name: 定结宗
English Name: Dingjiezong in Dinggyê County, Shigatse
Location: Located in the Dinggyê County, Shigatse, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
Located in the county seat of Dinggyê County and established in the 17th century, it is a secondary cultural relic protection unit of Tibet Autonomous Region which means “Growing in the water”. Legend is about that a drop of water gradually became the present settled county.The highest part of the land in the water was a huge rock. When you walk into a definite knot, you will discover the magic of the stone of the sky, and feel the profound history.
Dinggyê County Transportation
You can choose either self-driving traveling or take public transportation. According to your beginning place, there may be different ways to go to Dinggyê County. There are two main lines available below.
- Lhasa- Shigatse- Dinggyê County
You can reach Lhasa by air or train. Then take a bus to Dinggyê County.
- Shigatse- Dinggyê County
You can also take a specific train to Shigatse and take a bus to Dinggyê County.
Attraction Travel Tips:
- Traveling Hours: 1 day
- Traveling Seasons: All seasons
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content.
- Pay attention to prepare some cold weather gear like a hat, gloves, a scarf and a thick winter coat.
- The Border Permit is required to enter the mountain; as it is less convenient to apply for one in Tibet, it is suggested to obtain the permit ahead of the travelling.