Gega Village in Mainlin County, Nyingchi
Chinese Name: 格嘎村
English Name: Gega Village in Mainlin County, Nyingchi
Location: Located in Mainlin County, Nyingchi, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Gega Village
Located in the Mainling County and 20 kilometers away from the county seat, Gega Village can be seen from the grand canyon viewing platform. Once you arrived at the village about an hour and a half from the platform, the village has no inn or something, but you can find Tibetan accommodation in the local people’s home because they are very friendly and enthusiastic.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Mainlin County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 3 hours
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.