Namula Tso Lake in Mainlin County, Nyingchi
Chinese Name: 那木拉错
English Name: Namula Tso Lake in Mainlin County, Nyingchi
Location: Located in Mainlin County, Nyingchi, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Namula Tso Lake
Located in the Mainling County and also known as the “Namula” or “the heavenly lake,” Namula Tso Lake is actually made up of two closely connected lakes with a high altitude. Different local people hold different views about the origin of its name.The more plausible claim is that there is a mountain of wood, and the lake at the foot of the mountain is called the Namula which means “Very high place” in Tibetan language. It is a small lake in the middle, and it was said that tourists could see his or her own life while staying at Namula Tso Lake.It’s worthy enjoying the stunning lake views there.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Mainlin County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 3 hours
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.