Jige Tso Lake in Coqen County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 齐格措
English Name: Jige Tso Lake in Coqen County, Ngari
Location: Located in Coqen County, Ngari, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Jige Tso Lake
Jige Tso Lake, also known as Jig, means “Birdsong lake”. Located in the northeast of Coqen County in Ngari area, it is an inland lake with an altitude of 4,663 meters above sea level and natural pasture along the lake shore.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Coqen County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 2 to 3 hours
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.