Buga Monastery in Coqen County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 布嘎寺
English Name: Buga Monastery in Coqen County, Ngari
Location: Located in Coqen County, Ngari, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Buga Monastery
Buga Monastery is located in Xiandong Village of Coqen County in Tibet. It is at the junction of Tsoqin(措勤), Zhongba(仲巴) and Gaize County(改则).It is 190 kilometers away from county seat and is the farthest temple.Rebuilt in 1986,Buga Monastery rely on personal influence raising money abroad more than 3 million after five years of large scale expansion. The concrete structure was reinforced.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Coqen County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 2 to 3 hours
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.
- Please respect the Tibetan Buddhism.