Turret Site in Nuomi Village of Gyaca County, Lhoka (Shannan)
Chinese Name: 诺米村碉楼遗址
English Name: Turret Site in Nuomi Village of Gyaca County, Lhoka
Location: Located in Gyaca County, Lhoka Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Turret Site of Nuomi Village
Turret Site of Nuomi Village(诺米村碉楼遗址)was built on the cliff and near the Yarlung Zangbo River which is 3350 meters above sea level. It is 0.5 kilometer away from Nuomi Village, Gyaca County, Lhoka Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region. Nuomi Village Turret Site is mainly wood and stone structure building with the history over 700 years.
The wall is made of stone and stone mud which is really adhesive. The inner floor is made of wood. Its plane is rounded square, west, north wall plane is circle-square while the south and east wall show plane square. The wall is 1-1.3 meters thick and about 14 meters high. The interior of the Turret Site is 3.5 meter-long, which has a width of 4.8 meters and a floor area of 16.8 square meters.
The highway traffic system is perfect; visitors can choose self-driving tour in Gyaca County. The closest airport is Lhasa Gonggar Airport about 203.1 km from Gyaca County; there are 259.3 km from Nyingchi Mainling Airport to Gyaca County. Tourist can travel by air firstly and then transfer to long-distance bus or self-driving which is the major choice.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 to 2 hours
- Traveling Seasons: August to September
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content.
- Pay attention to prepare some necessities for the cold weather like the hat, gloves, scarf and thick winter coat and so on.
- Please try you best to respect the local folk customs, especially their religious belief and taboos when you traveling in Tibet.