Zhaxigang Monastery in Gar County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 扎西岗寺
English Name: Zhaxigang Monastery in Gar County, Ngari
Location: Located in Gar County, Ngari, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Zhaxigang Monastery
Located in Ngari region of western China’s Tibet Autonomous Region, Zhaxigang Monastery is 1545 kilometers away from Lhasa which is a representative county. Zhaxigang Monasterywas founded by Dalai Lama.Legend is about that the Dalai Lama went to the Buddhist temple in Lhasa, chanting “the temple of Buddhism” as he went through the summer hills. The following year, when he went to Lhasa and saw the dew did not work, he decided to build temples here.The temple once belonged to Ladakh.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Gar County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 Day
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.