Bairebu Tso Lake in Gerze County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 拜惹布措
English Name: Bairebu Tso Lake in Gerze County, Ngari
Location: Located in Gerze County, Ngari, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Bairebu Tso Lake
Located in Ngari region of western China’s Tibet Autonomous Region and also known as “Makha lake”, it covers an area of 122 square kilometers with an altitude of 4,958 meters.It is a salt water lake, producing naked carp.There are natural pastures in the lakeshore with yaks and Tibetan sheep.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Gerze County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 1 Day
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.