Dewuqiong Engraved Stone in Lhozhag County, Lhoka (Shannan)
Chinese Name: 得乌穷刻石
English Name: Dewuqiong Engraved Stone in Lhozhag County, Lhoka
Location: Located in Lhozhag County, Lhoka Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Dewuqiong Engraved Stone
Dewuqiong Engraved Stone（得乌穷刻石）is in Jidui Village（吉堆村）, Lhozhag County（洛扎县）, Lhoka Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region. The whole stone is 3 meters of the length and width. The whole engraved stone is completely protected. The inscriptions of Dewuqiong Engraved Stone are written with antiquity and simple style. Its writing method and a verb are in accordance with the ancient Tibetan language specification of Rebajin Reform（热巴巾改革）.
Up to 2012, Lhozhag County realized the rural highway access rate more than 90%. The highway traffic system is perfect; visitors can choose self-driving tour in Lhozhag County. There are 247.6 km from Gonggar Airport to Lhozhag County. Tourist can travel to Lhozhag County by air firstly and then transfer to long-distance bus, which is the major choice.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 2 to 3 hours
- Traveling Seasons: June to August
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content.
- Pay attention to prepare some necessities for the cold weather like the hat, gloves, scarf and thick winter coat and so on.
- Please try you best to respect the local folk customs, especially their religious belief and taboos when you traveling in Tibet.