Jiangzha Monastery in Burang County, Ngari
Chinese Name: 江扎寺
English Name: Jiangzha Monastery in Burang County, Ngari
Location: Located in Burang County, Ngari, Tibet Autonomous Region
Admission Fee: Free
Opening Hours: All Day
About Jiangzha Monastery
Jiangzha Monastery is located in the district of Ngari area of Tibet. It is the temple of the Gaju, which was rebuilt in 1986. Jiangzha Monastery is surrounded by much relics such as strange caves and springs, which are considered as something relevant to the religion by believers.
Tourist can travel to Lhasa by air or train firstly and then transfer to Burang County by long-distance bus, which is the major choice. There is no need for you to worry about the transportation.
Attraction Travel Tips
- Traveling Hours: 2 to 3 hours
- Traveling Seasons: May and September.
- High Altitude Sickness Avoiding: Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time.
- As there is a large temperature gap between daytime and night, it is highly recommended to take along some pieces of thermal clothing, hat, and gloves and so on.
- Please try your best to respect the religious belief and local customs.
- As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary.