travel between Chongqing and Lhasa by train is available for tourists, the distance between them is about 2286 km. At the altitude of 3658 meters, Lhasa is the holy land of Tibetan Buddhism, also famed as ‘the Sunshine City’ for its annual sunshine time. Lhasa is not only the capital city of Tibet Autonomous Prefecture, but also the political, economical, cultural and regional center of Tibet. There are well-known attractions in Lhasa, including Namtso Lake, Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple. Chongqing is one of the important gateways to Tibet. It is a major city in southwest China. Administratively, it is one of China’s four municipalities under the direct administration of central government (the other three are Beijing, Shanghai and Tianjin), and the only such municipality in China located far away from the coast.
Train Schedules Between Chongqing and Lhasa
The train from Chongqing to Lhasa started from July on 2006. At present, there is only one direct train departing from Chongqing North Railway Station to Lhasa Railway Station every other day. And the train will pass through 7 intermediate stations on the way, they are Nanchong North Railway Station, Guangyuan Railway Station, Lanzhou Railway Station, Xining Railway Station, Delingha Railway Station, Golmud Railway Station and Nagqu Railway Station respectively. The stopover time ranges 2-38 minutes.
Chongqing-Lhasa Train Schedule
|Z223||22:25||09:55+2||35h30m||3641 kilometers||5 minutes at Nanchong North Railway Station, 38 minutes at Guangyuan Railway Station, 16 minutes at Lanzhou Railway Station, 20 minutes at Xining Railway Station, 2 minutes at Delingha Railway Station, 25 minutes at Golmud Railway Station and 6 minutes at Nagqu Railway Station||Hard Seat: 302.5 CNY/Hard Sleeper: 627.5 CNY/Soft Sleeper: 997.5 CNY|
Lhasa-Chongqing Train Schedule
|Z224||18:35||06:23+2||35h48m||3641 kilometers||6 minutes at Nagqu Railway Station, 25 minutes at Golmud Railway Station, 2 minutes at Delingha Railway Station, 20 minutes at Xining Railway Station, 15 minutes at Lanzhou Railway Station, 42 minutes at Guangyuan Railway Station, 22 minutes at Nanchong North Railway Station||Hard Seat: 302.5 CNY/Hard Sleeper: 627.5 CNY/Soft Sleeper: 997.5 CNY|
1. The above information is just for reference. if any change is based the real-time information.
2. If you want to book ticket or arrange a Tibet tour, you can contact us, our travel consultant will provide attentive services. Please contact us by Email: contact@YunnanExploration.com; Tel: +86-871-63511469.
3. Generally, the seats on the train in China have tow types including soft seat and hard seat. Also, there are two kinds of sleeper seats on China’s trains which are hard berth and soft berth. Hard berth are divided into upper berth, middle berth and lower hard sleeper (lower berth is the best); while soft berth are divided into upper berth and lower berth (lower berth is better).
4. In China, taking a train is a comparative cheaper way to cut down the travel cost. While correspondingly, the comfortable level is lower than by air.
5. You need to take the baggages by yourself and keep an eye on them during the journey. Trains in Tibet may be crowded when in the domestic travel seasons as well as summer holidays.
Chongqing North Railway Station重庆北站
Address: Kunlun Avenue, Longtou Temple, Yubei District, Chongqing City重庆市渝北区龙头寺昆仑大道
Lhasa Railway Station拉萨站
Address: Tongzhan Road, Doilungdeqen District, Lhasa拉萨市堆龙德庆区通站路
Tips for Travel to Lhasa and Chongqing
1. Best Time to Visit Lhasa
The best time to visit Lhasa is in summer and autumn, especially from August to October. The warm and humid climate in these two seasons is unlike the dry and windy weather in winter and spring. Summer and autumn are the most comfortable time in Lhasa; from March to October, the climate becomes mild and humid and is the best season for travel in Tibet. The Spring and Winter in Lhasa are dry and windy.
2. Best Time to Visit Chongqing
The best time to visit Chongqing is in April, May, October, November every year. Known as the capital of fog and the city of mountain, Chongqing is always in rainy or foggy days in rest time of the year.
3. Try to Avoid domestic travel seasons
The most crowded seasons in China are Chinese Spring Festival (usually in late Jan or early Feb.), International Labour Day (May 01 to 03) and National Day (Oct 01-07). Spring Festival and the National Day golden week are the most crowded time for travelling.